Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mailbox brought me a surprise today

tag
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

My mailbox brought me a surprise today

A few years ago I was in a credit position where I never considered credit monitoring. After all no one on the planet would have wanted to use my identity (scores in the 400s). I've been slowly building it back - secured card, reporting title loan, all payments on time and was recently approved for a $1K Capital One unsecured card.

Today I got a preapproval in the mail from Fingerhut for $500. I'm not going to use it because I can buy the stuff cheaper anywhere else, but it's my first preapproval since the mid nineties.

Last I checked myFICO was 641. I'm going to subscribe to SW after the 1st because I now have something to guard. :-)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

Re: My mailbox brought me a surprise today

I know what you mean...  We just got a CC from our bank.  The same back that turned us down 5 months ago gave us a CC with a $5k CL @ 0% interest for 12 billing cycles.  I have never qualified for one of those deals and Im 55 years old.  I must same it feels alot better than getting rejected!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 2 of 3
750reachfor850
Established Member

Re: My mailbox brought me a surprise today

CONGRATULATION, KEEP DOING, ITS WORKING.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.