cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My messy credit report

tag
sirclownfish

My messy credit report

I did a ch 7 BK at the end of 2009.  Prior to and even after this I have had a really messy credit report, dates that don't make any sense or are plain inaccuarte, duplicate entries, conflicting entries on all 3 reports, and so on.  I did dispute quite a few things a few times several years ago, which most of my disputes were "disputed", in other words, they weren't fixed or removed.  At any rate, most of my issues seemed to have dropped off on their own with age.  But I still have a few that drive me nuts.

My stats at my last credit report should be 2 credit cards, 1 consolidated student loan.  They are all in good standing, and that's all I've done since 2009(minus 2 more I just opened).  yet somehow depending on which credit report I pull, I have 5-6 accounts, and numerous deliquents.

My current issues is as follows:
ACS/EastWest Bank.  A student loan lender that I want nothing to do with.  I owe them zero.

Transunion - "included in bankruptcy" Closed.   Now this is news to me, I thought it was rather difficult to include student loans in bankruptcy, and if it were, how come I still owe that amount?  I contested this more than once, it never gets changed or removed.

Experian "Transferred to another office"

This disappeared from Equifax for some reason, but I see they still check my credit every year as though they think I actually have an account with them.  Do I fight this or is this nitpicking and doesn't do anything to my score overall?

And how do I fight them?  They never get changed or removed via all of my agency disputes!

The other one that really bugs me:

Credit One bank(Not capital one)...

Two agencies report closed, BK, that's fine and good, but somehow on Experian they put down "transferred or claim purchased" and Key Derogatory in MAY 2013(not 2010 or 2009).  No data was prior to this.

Firstly, I now live in Alabama, I see that the SOL is 3 years.  Should this be removed based on the SOL.  Should it be fixed as they are now selling an uncollectable debt, or is there another fight as waiting from 2009 to 2013 a rather long time to all of a sudden KD and update one of my reports?  Or other? 

I didn't move too long ago, but can any negative credit card account be removed if I didn't touch it for 3 years?

This other issue I may just ignore, because possibly I owe them money and it's not showing anywhere that I know of.  I had a credit union, I had it for years before and after my BK. At the time of it, all I had was the checking and savings, no other instruments.  So why do they have a "closed" account in two agencies and claimed it was included in bk?  I disputed pointing out that I know of no accounts that were included by this organization, and my bank account was open and after, and of course it's still on there.

I also just noticed that my consolidated loan with the US Dept of ED is on equifax as open 3 times and closed once, I'm assuming that a dispute may resolve the issue. 

It used to be 3x worse than this.  If someone can help me on one issue, like that credit one bank card, I think it would make a big difference.  thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My messy credit report

Private student loans I believe can be IIB, but not federally backed.  Don't take this to heart, I'm not that savvy on the whole SL subject.

Was the Credit One debt IIB?  If so, then it should be marked as such.  You could do a direct dispute with them on it.

Removal or rather, exclusion of a TL from a simple pull of your CR has nothing to do with the SOL.  All the SOL mandates is how long you can be taken to court and get a judgement on you.  The CRTP is what mandates how long something can stay on your CR.  This is 7 years + 180 days from the DoFD.

Was the CR overdrafted or did you owe them fees?  If so, then there could be a TL for that, otherwise, there shouldn't be anything on your CR from them.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
sirclownfish

These were federally backed.  one has comments "included in bankruptcy", the other is "account transferred to another office".  They keep verifying that this is correct, it would be great if I could send a copy of that to the legitimate holder and have them fight it out.  I don't know if this currently causes any issue on my credit report.

Had 4 entries from the legitimate holder too, US Dept of Ed, 3 are wrong but I mailed out a dispute today, I hadn't even noticed they had 3 entries claiming I was making hundreds in payments every month, for closed and open zero balance accounts.

Now the Credit One, yes it was included.  Luckily this one has zero balance and closed.  But this entry in May 2013 for KD bothers me, only one one of the three agencies(so far?) when it was closed in Dec 2009.   This is also the same credit report that has the comments of it being "sold to another lender".  Are they allowed to ding me years and years and years later?

The Credit Union had an overdraft account attached, with Savings and Checking, I most definately owed them nothing at the time.  My accounts stayed open.  Used that account to pay the BK Lawyer.  I disputed that numerous times too, like all my other ones.  I don't know if this is anything that affects the score.  there's no balance or anything listed, it's just put on there for no legitmate reason.

I'm tired of having inaccurate data get "verified" and luckily most of it has dropped off on it's own.  I'm just not sure if some of these have any bearings, and that late KD(Key Derogatory) doesn't look right.

On another note I stupidly went out to a car dealership, I didn't realize they'd run my credit so many times, and apparently every letter I receive for the same day has a DIFFERENT score!

Message 3 of 4
sirclownfish

My dispute results came in today.  And as every other time, they verified every bit of grossly incorrect and nonsensical information as correct.  I don't quite understand how one student loan can be posted 5 times in various formats when only one will do.  I have one US Dept of Ed Loan, the balance is correct, and the payments are correct.

There are 3 other ones, all with zero balances, but with very high payments, which apparently confuses folks who pull my report.  I don't do monthly payments on these three, but they've been verified as correct, $400/month on a zero balance account.

Then ACS, who claims my student loans have been included in bankruptcy, which is fun to think about when the other 4 posts claim otherwise, well, although I owe them zero dollars and haven't had anything to do with them for years, they've done their yearly inquiry on my credit report again.  Doubtful they'll ever stop or correct themelves either.

I don't know how you guys get anything fixed, it seems to me that the standard procedure is to beat the consumers into submission and just ignore it all.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.