Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My next step

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My next step

Hello everyone.. New to all of this so I have a question my bankruptcy was discharged on August 8th so I wanted to get started with rebuilding so I accepted a credit card offer from credit one and I also applied with capital one and both were approved for 500 limit. I also received a small loan through my credit union for 1000 just to get my rebuilding started.. I'm just not sure where to go from there any suggestions?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My next step

Sit back and wait... you've done well so far, but you're now at one of those "plateau" points where time is the best thing.

Use your cards, pay them off, rinse and repeat... and make absolutely certain all of your payments are on time, on cards and on the loan.

Once everything ages 6 months or so, you should see a boost in score and be ready for the next little flurry of actions on your part.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thanks for the advice any and all are welcome
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone.. New to all of this so I have a question my bankruptcy was discharged on August 8th so I wanted to get started with rebuilding so I accepted a credit card offer from credit one and I also applied with capital one and both were approved for 500 limit. I also received a small loan through my credit union for 1000 just to get my rebuilding started.. I'm just not sure where to go from there any suggestions?

Ask the CU if they issue secured credit cards, if so use the loan proceeeds to get one.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.