Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My plan and goal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My plan and goal

My goal is to buy a house when the last baddies fall off in apr/may 2018. It's a paid CO and a unpaid medical collection.
My plan is to start a GW letter campaign on the CO and if that succeeds, I will attempt a PFD again on medical collection. If not I'll just wait it out.
I plan on adding a SSL from alliant very soon to add to credit mix. Like really soon my AAOA is 1.3 years and the only thing holding it up that high is the CO.
I have 3 cards a discover secured, capital one, and walmart.
Is there anything else I need to do?
Will I even qualify with a thin file?
Would appreciate any feedback you have for me.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My plan and goal

Do you cary balances on all three of your cards. If not, then just try to keep your UTL to under 10% on one card and PIF after statement. Also try and rotate your cards around so that each card shows use. Also how long have you had these cards?

Now as far as things go on the medical collection, have ou tried DV to try and dispute the debt. Sometimes this will be the easiest of ways to remove a collection account, as around 50% of CA don't have enough info to validate the debt. The other option that I have seen a lot of reccomendations on is to check out collection sheild 360, as their service is free and they can get a CA to fall off your CR.

You also do have a great idea with the SSL, this can help you with account mix, and also if you immediately repay most of the SSL back, then you will be able to have several months of on time payments, and you will show that the account is in good standing compaired to the original-current balance. 

The last thing that would help you is TIME, as I have seen all over the place on this site, good credit is not a race. It takes time and time can also heal all wounds. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you cary balances on all three of your cards. If not, then just try to keep your UTL to under 10% on one card and PIF after statement. Also try and rotate your cards around so that each card shows use. Also how long have you had these cards?

Now as far as things go on the medical collection, have ou tried DV to try and dispute the debt. Sometimes this will be the easiest of ways to remove a collection account, as around 50% of CA don't have enough info to validate the debt. The other option that I have seen a lot of reccomendations on is to check out collection sheild 360, as their service is free and they can get a CA to fall off your CR.

You also do have a great idea with the SSL, this can help you with account mix, and also if you immediately repay most of the SSL back, then you will be able to have several months of on time payments, and you will show that the account is in good standing compaired to the original-current balance. 

The last thing that would help you is TIME, as I have seen all over the place on this site, good credit is not a race. It takes time and time can also heal all wounds. 

The SSL will only report the payments each month not several all at once below is how my SSL reports on all CRA's despite the fact that payments are made up to 3/23/21.  It will however as you stated add to OC's credit mix

Last Reported Aug 31, 2016

Creditor Name ALLIANT CU

Account Type Secured Loan

Account Status Open

Opened Date Jun 16, 2016

Closed Date –

Limit –

Term 60 Months

Monthly Payment $9

Responsibility Individual

Balance $42

Highest Balance $500

Payment Status Current

2016            Ok OK

J  F  M  A  M  J  J  A  S  O  N  D

Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would presume that, if the collection has gone through a PFD offer/rejection, that a DV would no longer be timely, as more than 30 days has likely expired since dunning notice.  A DV at this point would not seem to be productive.

Do you  have a compelling reason why the debt with the creditor went to the extreme of being 150-180 days late, resulting in the charge-off?

If so, then a personal plea to an upper management official might be a next step......

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The SSL will only report the payments each month not several all at once below is how my SSL reports on all CRA's despite the fact that payments are made up to 3/23/21.  It will however as you stated add to OC's credit mix

Creditor Name ALLIANT CU

Account Status Open

Opened Date Jun 16, 2016

Closed Date –

Limit –

Term 60 Months

Monthly Payment $9

Balance $42

Highest Balance $500

Payment Status Current

2016            Ok OK

For scoring purposes, "no data" is equivalent to "ok" in regards to monthly payment status.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have a reason the account became a CO, one I'm very ashamed of. It was actually hard for me to explain in a goodwill letter. I have the rough draft going to type up today and mail tomorrow.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Creditor Name ALLIANT CU

Account Status Open

Opened Date Jun 16, 2016

Closed Date –

Limit –

Term 60 Months

Monthly Payment $9

Balance $42

Highest Balance $500

Payment Status Current

2016            Ok OK

For scoring purposes, "no data" is equivalent to "ok" in regards to monthly payment status.

Norman not sure what you are saying, my point was to inform the OC that paying in advance does not show as several monthly payments in his history.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.