Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rebuilding journey from FICO Score 607

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My rebuilding journey from FICO Score 607

Starting score: 607, present score 656 (4/24), goal 720-740

Started rebuilding back in February, first easy wins, low hanging fruit so to speak, was able to get some deletions by disputing the CRA's online, phone and post mail. 

Some items were deleted, some updated, this is where I stand today and my plan of action:

1 - BK filed on 9/2005 - TU already dropped it off. Still listed on EXP and EQ, will call them to try to get an early deletion or at least get the projected deletion date (10 yr reporting expires on 9/2015)

2 - Grant & Weber collection bill from 8/2008 (past SOL in NV) - EQ already dropped off. TU and EXP listed as "Closed - On record until" 7/2015 and 5/2015 respectively. Also will try to get early deletion from CRA's

3 - Allied Collection bill from 8/2008 (past SOL in NV) - TU dropped off, EQ and EXP listed "Closed on record until 5/2015". Also will try to get an early deletion from CRA's.

4 - Receivables Management Systems for Patient First - TU and EQ show as Paid Collection on record until 12/2020. Wrote GW letter to CA and OC, no reply yet

5 - Verizon Wireless - TU and EXP show as Paid in Settlement, on record until 9/2018. Wrote GW letter to VW, no response.

Student loan went from Sallie Mae (1999-2011) to ASA (2011 - 2012) to the Dept of EDU (2012-1013)

Loan successfully rehabed via Dept of EDU then transferred to Nelnet on 7/2014

All 3 CRA's show Nelnet Loan as "Pays as agreed" from 2012 until present with no lates (Dept of EDU deleted their own entry)

1 - Sallie Mae - EXP shows "Claim filed with Govt." on record until 5/2017. TU and EQ show as 120+ days past due. Disputes filed, awaiting results. At the same time wrote GW letter to SM, no response yet

2 - ASA - EXP shows paid, closed. TU shows paid collection. EQ is pending dispute results. Also wrote GW letter to ASA, no results yet.

I've been able to get a car loan and three unsecured CC's (combined limit $3,200). One CC has 0% APR for 1 year, all others are high APR. Looking to refi my car loan this year depending on my FICO score increasing to at least 700

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My rebuilding journey from FICO Score 607

Also, if anyone has contact info for GW please PM me, I wrote my GW letters to the addresses listed on my CR but I get the feeling they are falling on deaf ears.

- Verizon Wireless

- Sallie Mae

- American Student Assistance

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mixed results today from phone calls

TU:

- They agreed to put in request for early deletion of G&W but would not gurantee it would be done early. Scheduled to fall off in July regardless.

- Opened up a separate dispute for student loans being reported as 120+ days late though they have been rehabed via Nelnet

EXP:

- They would not early delete anything though they asked me to call back in May and try again

EQ:

- Would not early delete anything but got confirmation that my student loans dispute was still being investigated and due May 5th

My only win today was my lawyer got me a monetary settlement from a debt collector for violation of the FDCPA. I'm pushing to also have the TL deleted from my CR as 1 - 2 punch Smiley Happy

Then I got a $10 gift card from Sunoco because I complained about a terrible car wash.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

A little bit of progress today. I called Experian to request two Negative entries removed early and they did it over the phone, told me to wait 72 hours for the deletion to appear in the system. They were scheduled to drop off in July and August of this year. 

I read on another thread that it's best to call EXP on the 1st of the month so I gave it a try. It worked!

Thanks to everyone who posts on this board, your insight is invaluable!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Made some progress with Patient Care/RMS. I called them as follow up to my GW letter. The rep I spoke to said she had received my GW letter and they normally delete the entire TL as it had never happened as I have paid in full in one lump sum. She asked for a couple more days to clear with her supervisor and prepare the deletion letter. She sounded very positive and promised to call me back in a couple 3 days.

I think this derog has been negatively impacting my score the most as the bill went to collections in March 2014, barely over 1 year ago

gonna keep my fingers crossed for a big score jump when this derog is deleted Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@AhmedInVA wrote:

Made some progress with Patient Care/RMS. I called them as follow up to my GW letter. The rep I spoke to said she had received my GW letter and they normally delete the entire TL as it had never happened as I have paid in full in one lump sum. She asked for a couple more days to clear with her supervisor and prepare the deletion letter. She sounded very positive and promised to call me back in a couple 3 days.

I think this derog has been negatively impacting my score the most as the bill went to collections in March 2014, barely over 1 year ago

gonna keep my fingers crossed for a big score jump when this derog is deleted Smiley Happy

Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @gdale6!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.