Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rebuilding journey

tag
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

My rebuilding journey

7 negatives:

• AllianceOne unidentified collection, reports until 9/2016--DV sent this week
  • CMRE unidentified medical collection, reports until 6/2016--DV sent this week
  • NCO Financial/55 unidentified medical collection, reports until 3/2016--DV sent this week
  • Home Depot/Citibank card serious delinquency now closed and charged off (original CL $5,000, $311 written off). Perfect 2.5 years payment history before I screwed this one up.--GW sent this week
  • Midland collection (related to HD/Citibank, above) paid in settlement ($191 pd on $318), reports until 11/2018--GW to retroactively consider my pmt a PFD (I pd before knew a PFD was possible-d'oh!)
  • 60 day late on a BofA mortgage (now PIF closed), reports until 6/2016--GW sent this week
  • 30 day late on a Comentiy credit card, open and other wise in good standing (CL $750), report until 4/2019--GW sent this week

23 accounts in good standing (but high util% and 1 closed by grantor):

• $6,400 on Chase, closed/never late, closed by grantor, orginal CL: $11,200
  • $8,500 on Barclays, CL: $16,000
  • $0 on 4 other CCs, CLs totalling $28,000
  • 2 student loans in good standing
  • [edited to remove a car loan, because that reports only to my spouse's credit report, not mine.]

Now that my DVs and GWs are out there, I'm sitting back and waiting (until the next round) and paying down my balances.

Anyone spot anything else I should be doing?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Re: My rebuilding journey

Small update: All 3 DVs for my unknown collections have been received, according to return receipts.  The wait continues...

Message 2 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

I'm rooting for you!

I hate the waiting process, it's even better when they come back with good news. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 9
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Successes:

• NCO Financial/55 unidentified medical collection--DV sent and it came off my Experian and 3-in-1 reports as mysteriously as it first appeared. ~12 point bump.
  • CMRE unidentified medical collection, reports until 6/2016--DV sent--I think this may also have come off. It's not on Experian, but my 3-in-1 from EIDT isn't showing any data from 2 of the 3 CRAs so I'll have to check tomorrow when I can pull a new report.
  • Home Depot/Citibank card serious delinquency now closed and charged off (original CL $5,000, $311 written off). No response to GW letter. But today I called Citibank and they said they would RE-OPEN the account and remove the charge off reporting if I provided them certain documentation, which I did.  We'll see if this actually happens. Seems too good to be true.

4-6 negatives

• AllianceOne unidentified collection, reports until 9/2016--DV sent; waiting
  • Midland collection (related to HD/Citibank, above) paid in settlement ($191 pd on $318), reports until 11/2018--GW to retroactively consider my pmt a PFD (I pd before knew a PFD was possible-d'oh!)
  • 60 day late on a BofA mortgage (now PIF closed), reports until 6/2016--GW sent; waiting
  • 30 day late on a Comentiy credit card, open and other wise in good standing (CL $750), report until 4/2019--GW sent; called, but they directed me to the address I already wrote.
  • Waiting to confirm adjustments to CMRE & Home Depot/Ctibank reporting

23 accounts in good standing (but high util% and 1 closed by grantor):

• $6,400 on Chase, closed/never late, closed by grantor, orginal CL: $11,200
  • $8,500 $4,800 and falling on Barclays, CL: $16,000
  • May get that $5,000 CL on Home Depot back
  • $0 on 4 other CCs, CLs totalling $28,000
  • 2 student loans in good standing
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I myself am rebuilding my credit, so far I have come from a nasty 400 credit score up to 611, currently I have the ollowing cards

Capital One $500 cl 95% utl

Capital One  $750cl 95% utl

BOA $500 100% utl

VS $500cl 0% utl

Gamestop $250 10% utl

they got maxed out in the unfortunate events of 7 deaths in the family since december and the expenses ate me up, is my best chance to make what payments I can and sit on them till I can pay them off then resubmit apps to get better cl on them? I am wanting space in the event o a vehicle breakdown or something of that nature. Also i someone could tell me how to get the cards to show in my sig that would be awesome! thanks!

Message 6 of 9
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Little update:

CMRE collection is indeed off all 3 CRAs!

Message 7 of 9
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Know ribs process seems tedious but you're doing all the right things !! Keep it up!!
Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

The deletion of the two unknown collections yielded an estimated 9-21 point bump on each of my FAKOs! My lowered balances haven't reported yet, so we'll see what impact that has.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.