Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rebuilding story

tag
finallyfixingit
Regular Contributor

My rebuilding story

Here is my credit repair story. My car was totaled in June. I knew my credit was bad, but I had just been ignoring it the past few years and simply trying to let stuff fall off. Well having to get a car under less than ideal terms made me get off my behind and get to work. My official credit repair journey began on 7/21/14. Here is what I have managed so far.

Deletions:

Charge offs:

HSBC $896 from 08’: I contacted them they could not locate the account. They deleted from all 3 CRA’s.

Plains Commerce $364 from 08’: disputed with CRA’s and it was deleted

COLLECTIONS:

Jefferson Capital $664 and $743 from 08’ and 09’ Salute and Tribute: disputed the tribute based on FTC ruling and they removed the both accounts.

Unique National $37 from 12’: paid and account was deleted

Remaining Items:

First Premier $448 from 09’: This account is scheduled to fall off in 1/2016 so I am have decided to leave it be.

Monroe & Main $39 from 12’: This is valid. I am going to pay it, but it is tricky. It is reporting as a charge account, although I NEVER applied for a credit card with them. I ordered a blouse or two and both items were backordered for several months. During that time my debit card had been lost and replaced. So when then they tried to bill me they could not. I guess they sent bills during that time, but I had also moved. Because of everything that I have read on this forum about Monroe&Main and other Colony Brand stores I am not even going to bother to PFD or GW. I am just going to pay it.

Union Bank $1306 10’: for a charged of checking account. I cannot find much on them but I am going to write them.

I also have a couple of student loans that are currently deferred with some very old lates on them.

New accounts:

Ally car loan just started reporting: I have scheduled all of my payments before the due date.

Fingerhut fresh: not reporting yet, but I just got my overpriced item today.

Capital One Secured card: not reporting yet

I have been trying the shopping cart trick daily for Victoria’s Secret, but it has not come up yet.

My fako and lender credit scores were all in the low to mid 500’s when I first started. Now all of my fako score are over 600. TU is showing the highest right now at 615. My short term goal is 650. My long term goal is 750. I still have a long ways to go, but right now I am proud.

7/14 Scores: EQ- 576, TU- 589, EX- 567
3/7/15 Scores: EQ- 666, TU- 680, EX- 669

last app 3/11/15
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
srchick
Regular Contributor

Re: My rebuilding story

You should be proud! You've made remarkable progress in a very short time.  Keep up the good work, and don't get discouraged.

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 2 of 4
finallyfixingit
Regular Contributor

Thank you. I was starting to feel like a woman possessed. The first thing do when I wake up every morning is check this forum. Then I check it before I go to bed at night, and several times throughout the day. LOL There is so much valuable information here. I have been checking my reports and fako scores everyday as well, but I am going to stop with that because I feel like I am starting to drive myself crazy.

7/14 Scores: EQ- 576, TU- 589, EX- 567
3/7/15 Scores: EQ- 666, TU- 680, EX- 669

last app 3/11/15
Message 3 of 4
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats on your progress so far!!!!Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.