Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My repair journey

tag
AlphaKenny
Contributor

My repair journey

I figured I'd start my own thread with all of my baddies that I started with and where I am at today.  I started my repair journey on 7/1/14.  This is where I am at as of today 8/1/14.

BARCLAYS

Charge-off that was settled for less than full balance.

Sent 623 Dispute letter 7/11/14

Result = Tradeline updated to "paid" and "current"

Still has some 30, 60, 90, and 120 lates.

CHASE

Charge-off

Sent GW Letter 7/10/14

Result = Deleted 20 "180 past due" marks and replaced them with "CO".  Seemed to improve score.

Will send another GW Letter soon.

MERIWEST CU

Repo that I PIF day after

Sent 623 Dispute letter 7/28/14

Result = DELETED!!!

CITIBANK N.A.

Charge-off

Sent GW Letter 7/17/14

Result = DELETED!!!

CHASE/BEST BUY

Charge-off

Sent GW Letter 7/10/14

Result = Exective Office called on 7/30/14 and said they will review and get back to me in writing.

ONEMAIN FINANCIAL

Charge-off

Sent GW Letter 7/17/14

Result = No response yet.

CBE GROUP (Utility collection)

Disputed online 7/1/14

Result = DELETED!!!

MIDLAND COLLECTIONS X4

Sent dispute letters 7/18/14

Result = Still waiting for investigations to be completed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there it is.  I would say thats pretty lucky for 1 month of credit repair.  Hopefully this gives other people some hope in their own repair journey.  If anyone has any questions and/or advice, let me know!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: My repair journey

Impressive results for the first 30 days, congrats!  Keep us updated with the progress.  Good luck with Midland, Chase, and Onemain

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!! Can you PM me what you did with CBE? Was it a Verizon bill? I'm fighting with them currently.

Message 3 of 10
AlphaKenny
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome!! Can you PM me what you did with CBE? Was it a Verizon bill? I'm fighting with them currently.

For CBE, I actually did an online dispute through all 3 CRA's.  I forgot what option I chose.  It was for an electricity bill I think.  NCO Financial originally owned it and I successfully disputed it a couple of years ago as well.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you since this was the only one that I disputed online (which isn't recommended).

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome...keep up the good work. It is very inspiring.

Message 5 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, grats.

I just started my rebuilding process couple of days ago too.

I do have question if you don’t mind, can you explain the definition of Good Will letters? And what gets deleted? Sorry for the obvious question, just trying to understand the process.

Thank you

Message 7 of 10
AlphaKenny
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very nice, grats.

I just started my rebuilding process couple of days ago too.

I do have question if you don’t mind, can you explain the definition of Good Will letters? And what gets deleted? Sorry for the obvious question, just trying to understand the process.

Thank you

A goodwill letter is basically a letter to the creditor that is reporting on your credit files to ask for a "goodwill" gesture to how they are reporting. In my case, I asked for the entire tradeline to be deleted. That means there will be no information whatsoever that they even existed in my reports. Some people just have a couple 30, 60, 90 day lates reporting that they ask for a goodwill gesture to fix. Do some reading and searching on goodwill letters. You will be able to find a lot of examples to tweak to your own personal experiences. Good luck!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the clarification, I never knew such action "goodwill" could take place. This site is great wealth of knowledge.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a great job in the frist 30 days!!! I was actually hoping you could tell me exactly what you did for Meriwest CU? I have a $366 charge off from an old checking account in 2011 and I would love to get that deleted. Did you write a PFD letter? Call? I am willing to pay, just want it to go away. They keep updating the dates and its really affecting my score. I only have two collections and this is one of them. 

My other is for Comcast. They say I owe $266 dollars, but thats impossible becasue my ending balance was $0 and they confirmed it.. and they are telling me it was a balance form years prior to the last time I had service. The date keeps updating, and over the phone, they said no pay for delete. Can you please tell me what you wrote? I would so appreciate it since you are having such great luck! I am looking to buy a new car for my 30th bday in June and I really need these to go away. Smiley Happy

Thank you!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.