cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My report was clean. For two days. And now this...

tag
spike69
Frequent Contributor

My report was clean. For two days. And now this...

Woke up to alerts from EQ and EX- collection by CA for 1651. Have no clue what it is. Called. Time Warner from 2010 they are saying. I have had Direct TV since I moved in to my home in 2005. They are supposedly "rushing" to get the statements to validate the debt or will delete immediately. I am so frustrated and hopeless. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: My report was clean. For two days. And now this...

New challenge. You should get a letter within 5 days from CA. If not then disute it.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 8
spike69
Frequent Contributor

I did dispute it on the phone with the creditor today. They say they will get back to me before the end of the day if they can locate the statements for the account. Do I have to dispute in writting as well? If i did not monitor my credit I would have no idea this was even out there as I have never heard from Time Warner or this CA before I saw this via the alert.

Message 3 of 8
eric19k
Established Contributor

I would send certified letter
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 4 of 8
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Will do by end of day. I was getting ready to apply for one more card so i had three reporting. Now I will be back to the waiting game. Angry.

Message 5 of 8
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Should I leave DV alone or should I also contact Time Warner since I do not and have not had an account with them?

Message 6 of 8
eric19k
Established Contributor

First see what the response from CA will be. I would personally call them and tell that it is not your account and it is a mistake nicely without yelling.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 7 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@eric19k wrote:
First see what the response from CA will be. I would personally call them and tell that it is not your account and it is a mistake nicely without yelling.

Stay off the phone with CAs & JDBs, all initial communication is to be done via certified mail.

OP, send a DV requesting validation and detailed billing.If you do not recognize the charges after this you will need to folliw the ID theft protocol as its most likely what it would be. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.