cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My reports are clean & why you should'nt dispute a medical collection!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My reports are clean & why you should'nt dispute a medical collection!!

It was a bit tricky and took 3 months of me UNpatiently waiting to get 7-8 medical collections removed off of my credit report! I started off with 7 medical collects for 4 diffent hospital visits. I fist contacted the hospital and applied for charity care for collections from 2013. I was approved 100% and did NOT have to pay anything. After being approved, they removed 4 collcetions from my Eqifax and Transunion report. I then applied for charity care for the physicians side of those emergancy visits. I waited 2 months and have called them WEEKLY, lol. They were definatley getting tired of me. In the mean time while I had applied for charity care I decided to dispute those medical collections, because I was of course being impatient, shame on me I know! It backfired!! They added another medical collection that I didnt know I had after confirming the others! I screwed the pooch on that one. The collection they added was for a company that doesnt do PFD's!!! I contacted the original creditor for the other collection they just added, and I paid in full so they would cancel the creditor to which they did. Finally I call 2 weeks ago and the physicians office said they approved the charity care and that they would be removed off my credit reports shortly. I get an email from myFico yesterday alerting me to a score change for Transunion and Equifax. ALL 3 of my credit reports are now CLEAN and FREE of baddies!! I am sooooooooooooooooooo excited to say the least!!! My equifax went from 601 to 653, transunion went from 633 to 667 and my experian is 670. The only thing left for me to fix on my credit report is my utilization (50% right now) and I need to garden to let the inquiries(about 10-12 per report) fall off. I just wanted to post this to hopefully give hope to anyone who is trying to clear their reports as well. Stick with it! I originally started with a bankruptcy in 2008, a car repossession in 2008, and 7-8 medical collections. Now I am free at last, lol! Thank you myFico, if it wasnt for this forum I wouldnt be where I am now! You all rock!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My reports are clean & why you should'nt dispute a medical collection!!

Grats to your success Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.