Did you mean: 

My score after CH 7 discharge

tag
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: My score after CH 7 discharge

Then yes, that is your FICO.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 11 of 20
DesperateCh7

ok, thanks!

Message 12 of 20
DesperateCh7

Let all that age for another 6 months. (close Orchard before the AF hits)

What exactly is AF?

App for Discover (if you're not on the blacklist).

I included them on my BK. It was hard as heck to get that card in the first place with A+++ credit so I'm sure I'm now in the blacklist. lol

Message 13 of 20
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

AF- Annual fee

Welcome to the forum. I wish I found this site before (or immediately after) my bankruptcy. I highly recommend reading as many posts as you can and getting educated. I definitely had no idea how the credit world works.

I agree with what Soulmaster recommended. Most importantly- pay your bills on time, keep your utilization low and don't apply for credit unless you need it.

I was discharged in 2008 and started with a CapitalOne card about two months after my discharge. It has an annual fee of $19 and it was my only rebuilding card for almost 3 years. Untill I recently got two new cards.

Good luck. There is life after BK. Great life after BK

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 14 of 20
DesperateCh7

I applied for the orchard card and they said I will qualify for a platinum card but it couldnt be finalized online. Not sure if thats good or bad. Next im going to m&i bank to appy for the credit rebuilder loan!

Thanks!
Message 15 of 20
lil_bo_peep
Valued Member

Desperate, if you will, please keep us informed in your credit journey.  I am basically in the same boat as you except my BK7 won't discharge until  6/8/2012.  I am starting from scratch and your post and the ones from others  have been most helpful! Smiley Happy  I don't post very often but I do a lot of searches on here for updated information.

I'm playing the waiting game right now but soon I will embark on this journey myself.

Thanks Again!!

Lil_bo

Just a little reminder.....sometimes these boards get a little confusing but we are all here to help each other not make things more difficult, you can only Do what's right for YOU, not what everyone else thinks is right for you! Love you guys!!! Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 20
lil_bo_peep
Valued Member

Soul Master< i think you are awesome!!!  Thank you for your input.  It's most helpful! Smiley Wink

Just a little reminder.....sometimes these boards get a little confusing but we are all here to help each other not make things more difficult, you can only Do what's right for YOU, not what everyone else thinks is right for you! Love you guys!!! Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 20
DesperateCh7

Ok, here's an update. Orchard Bank denied me for the credit card. They are associated with HSBC and I had a store credit card thru HSBC with Boston Store(Carson Prairie Scott) that I included on my BK. During the application process I thought HSBC looked familiar but would have never thought Boston Store and Orchard Bank were related. The reason on the letter says, serious delinquency on at least one other account. Oh well, guess I will have to wait for an offer in the mail.

Message 18 of 20
Comet21
Regular Contributor

If you don't have a Capital One, go there but be careful about applying all over the place. Now if you just want to get started with credit there are always companies like Credit One and First Premier but they charge. So you are basically paying for credit, BUT they will approve you.

Starting Score: TU 477 EQ 533 BK 1/27/2012
Current Score: EX 702 TU 681 EQ 652 1/10/2014
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 20
DesperateCh7

One of my cc accounts with a large balance had just switched over to capitol one a few months prior to me filing BK. So they will probably deny me too. I will look into credit one and first premier. Thanks

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.