04-23-2011 03:23 AM
I'm 24 & I have terrible credit..... my score is 563 from Experian It sucks. I have 2 positive accounts & two negative accounts. I paid down the CC to $88 right now & increasing my CL to $500 next week. I'm going to work on keeping my balance low from now on. So this is what it looks like.
|Account Name||WELLS FARGO BANK|
|Account Type||Secured Credit Card|
|ccount Name||HSBC/RS CE|
|Account Type||Installment Sales Contract|
|Account Name||CAP ONE|
|Account Type||Credit Card|
|Account Name||US COLLECTIONS WEST IN|
|Account Type||Collection Department / Agency / Attorney|
04-23-2011 06:09 AM
Looks like you paid Cap1 after the CO, maybe try sending them a Good Will Letter and see if they will remove the negative listing and report it as Closed/Paid Satisfactorily (but don't ask them to remove the tradeline, just the negative) You can do a search here for GW Letters.
As far as the last baddie, have you tried contacting the OC to see if you can work out a payment plan? Make sure you get any agreements in writing, not verbally.
Hopefully a more experienced member will chime in and give you better advice.
Best of Luck!!
04-23-2011 07:57 AM
Ditto to CapOne.
The first two look like they are reporting OK. For best results, get the WF to report a balance of under $27 or PIF monthly.
Ditto to the CA. Keep an eye on SOL too. If you don't have the $$$ to PIF if you had to set aside and if SOL had not expired, then wait it out.
04-23-2011 08:01 AM
04-23-2011 08:35 AM
04-23-2011 09:04 AM
I would take the $500 and pay down my HSBC balance rather than increase the limit on my secured card because increasing the limit does nothing for you while reducing your balance does a world of wonders.
04-23-2011 09:19 AM
05-04-2011 01:51 AM
Ok so I payed down my Secured WF CC to $50 & increased my CL to $500. I'm goin to try & throw everything extra I have at it at HSBC. So hopefully I'll have it payed off in 3 months.
I dont think theres much I can do with Captial One other than a good will letter right? What should I ask for?
Now down to the nitty gritty US Collections West. Let me be honest I dont want to pay them, Im under the inpression that the damage is already done to my credit so paying really doesnt do much for me right now. So should I put some cash together & approch them with an offer to settle? Should I wait for them to contact me? They sent me a letter in January saying to contact them that they were willing to talk about a settlement. Of couse this was because tax time, but I didnt receive a refund.
05-04-2011 04:01 AM
So I signed up for the quarterly monitoring here & MyFico score with Transunion is 656 but the US Collections West account isnt listed on this credit report. I feel like that score is a lie.
The credit report & score I posted at first was from Experian. I'll pull Equifax eventually to see where I stand with them.
05-17-2011 02:06 AM
I got curious to see if the US CO West account was on Equifax..........Nope not there yay! lol My current score with EQ is 662.