Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My scoreS!!! Opinion needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scoreS!!! Opinion needed

Hi all, so I decided to ditch selecttheftidorotection and signed up with myfico to get my TU and EQ score, they're 553 and 637 respectively. I went straight to experian to get exp score which is 610, is this the correct and true experian score? If so, I'm only 10 points from qualifying for FHA loan, will continue to work on my score to improve for the next 12 months!!! If my mid score is true, I'm ecstatic!!! Thank you my fico forum! Before stumbling upon the forum, I was so ignorant!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: My scoreS!!! Opinion needed

i would get your reports from annualcreditreport.com and see what exactly is reporting where (i did this in a spread sheet) and then see which TWO have the least amount of neg info on them and attack them first Smiley Happy 

that way you will know 100% of what your middle score will be...

And FYI the only way to get your EX Fico is through a credit union in some random state lol... i dont remember >.< 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 9
kjm79
Valued Contributor

You'll have to get your EX score from a lender.  Consumers can't purchase an EX Fico. 

Your TU could be higher or lower as well.  Most lenders are using a newer version of TU than what is offered here. 

But the good news is, your EQ Fico should be spot on with what a lender will pull. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 3 of 9
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

@kjm79 wrote:

You'll have to get your EX score from a lender.  Consumers can't purchase an EX Fico. 

Your TU could be higher or lower as well.  Most lenders are using a newer version of TU than what is offered here. 

But the good news is, your EQ Fico should be spot on with what a lender will pull. 

100% correct statement.

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My lo is my friend, anyway He can initiate a soft pull to find out? I'm afraid for him to do a hard pull and affect my score
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I planned on applying for one more credit card besides what I have right now cap1 (one with 135 balance on 1250 cl, other 130 pn 1000 cl, and auto loan, and student loan) but I think I'll take a chill pill and let these cards and loan improve my score for me next 12 months. What do you guys think?
Message 6 of 9
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Me personally, I wouldn't want to even being applying for a mortgage until I knew my reports and scores were in order.  If applying for the mortgage makes you worry about your score being hit, might be better to get yourself to a more comfortable position first.  See what kind of credit repair you can do first to help your scores out. 

Read some of the posts on the mortgage board and how posters need 1 or 2 points or they'll lose the house they've put an offer on.  Or where they've been approved for a loan but lose a couple points because of some change and now no longer qualify.  Way to stressful for me!!!!  Give yourself a nice cushion first.  You can always pull the scores from the LO friend to get your baseline and see what kind of work you need to do.... 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 7 of 9
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@BadCredBen wrote:

i would get your reports from annualcreditreport.com and see what exactly is reporting where (i did this in a spread sheet) and then see which TWO have the least amount of neg info on them and attack them first Smiley Happy 

that way you will know 100% of what your middle score will be...

And FYI the only way to get your EX Fico is through a credit union in some random state lol... i dont remember >.< 

Pennsylvania Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kjm, that's a good advice, I'll give it some time before asking my friend to pull my score for me to see, possibly 6-12 months from now, thanks all!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.