cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My scores are increasing and I am excited but not too excited.

tag
schjones1978
Contributor

My scores are increasing and I am excited but not too excited.

I just wanted say that this site is down right awesome. I started in Jan.2015 with EQ 489 TU 512 EX 495. Less than two months later, my scores are EQ 580 TU 590 and EX 574. I'm still not where I want to be but watching the scores increase is exciting. Now, I have a question or 2. Fingerhut (less than 2 years old) promised to remove their account from my files, but he said it may take a few months because they have to buy it back from the collection agency. Is this true? I thought it would take 30 days or less to correct files. I also have one collection left with National Credit Systems that is one year old.

The National Credit Systems account/collection is a result of identity theft. I've receive some advice from this site that I have already put in motion regarding this account. It's a waiting game at this point. My final question is once these 2 items are removed, should I see a nice boost/jump? I realize that no one can say how much or if at all. I would just like to hear your opinions please.

Starting Score: EQ 489 TU 512 EX 495
Current Score: EQ 615 TU 684 EX 685
Goal Score: EQ 640 TU 640 EX 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My score is increasing and I am excited but not too excited.

@schjones1978 wrote:

I just wanted say that this site is down right awesome. I started in Jan.2015 with EQ 489 TU 512 EX 495. Less than two months later, my scores are EQ 580 TU 590 and EX 574. I'm still not where I want to be but watching the scores increase is exciting.

Now, I have a question or 2. Fingerhut (less than 2 years old) promised to remove their account from my files, but he said it may take a few months because they have to buy it back from the collection agency. Is this true? If they dont own the debt then they are most likely not going to buy it back from the CA. If they agreed to recall the CA and then you PIF what you owe in exchange for their deletion of the TL then it can be done at anytime since they are the legal owners.

I thought it would take 30 days or less to correct files. I also have one collection left with National Credit Systems that is one year old.

The National Credit Systems account/collection is a result of identity theft. I've receive some advice from this site that I have already put in motion regarding this account. It's a waiting game at this point. My final question is once these 2 items are removed, should I see a nice boost/jump? Yes you should see a boost when the final derog is removed.

I realize that no one can say how much or if at all. I would just like to hear your opinions please.

Message 2 of 8
schjones1978
Contributor

Thank You! I don't owe them anything. The debt isn't mine. I disputed this account through the BBB. I provided them with a police report and the rep from the Executive Office called me and stated that they would have to 'buy it back' and it would take a few months to correct the reports. I was just thinking that shouldn't take that long to update reports. Should I call the gentleman back and ask for an update?

Message 3 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@schjones1978 wrote:

Thank You! I don't owe them anything. The debt isn't mine. I disputed this account through the BBB. I provided them with a police report and the rep from the Executive Office called me and stated that they would have to 'buy it back' and it would take a few months to correct the reports. I was just thinking that shouldn't take that long to update reports. Should I call the gentleman back and ask for an update?

For ID Theft there is a process, I believe I have given it to you in another thread, you need to send all thats asked for to the CRAs for them to exclude the TLs that are not yours.

Message 4 of 8
schjones1978
Contributor

Re: My scores are increasing and I am excited but not too excited.

Yes, you did. After so many attempts to resolve it without success with the bureaus, I just went another route. I'll call the Executive Officer to find out what's going on. Merrick Bank continued to ignore my police report and other required documentation for id theft and continued to 'verify' it. I filed a compliant with the FDIC and TAH-DAH they deleted it. So, I was just trying another avenue with Fingerhut/Webbank. I also have a 3rd round of ID Theft Report, Police report etc.. to send to the bureaus. If they don't comply this time, I will have no choice but to file suits.

Message 5 of 8
schjones1978
Contributor

Letter I rec'd from FingerHut today:

ln your complaint, you stated that an unauthorized Fingerhut account is on your credit report. Your desired resolution would be to remove the trade-lines from your credit report. A police report was also attached. Our records indicate that an account was opened online February 5. 2013 using the name XXXX

with the address and social security number listed in the credit application. On February 12,2013 an online order was placed for one Presto Dual Deep Fryer w/ FREE Basket. On February 14,2013. the order was shipped FedEx Home  as listed in the credit application. Our records indicate a payment for $10.00 was made onfine March 24,2014 using a Visa check card ending in XXXX in the name of XXX. The account charged off on January 26,2014 with a balance of $182.21. On September 23, 2014,lhe account was sold to Jefferson Capital Systems. As we discussed verbally on February 1 9, 2015, upon receipt of the police report the account was reviewed again by the Fraud Department and will be purchased back from Jefferson Capital due to fraud. lt will be closed for fraud once it is bought back. Additionally, a request will be made to have the trade lines deleted from your credit report Please note that this process may take up to sixty days. A letter will be sent to your address once this has been completed.

I'm so excited about that.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is good evidence in your favor. I would draft another letter to all three CRA's Referencing the text of FCRA 605B. Highlight the section requiring CRA's to exclude ID Theft items within 4 days. Provide all four documents listed (in FCRA 605B) as well as a copy of this letter from Fingerhut.

INFORM them that their previous WILLFUL noncompliance with the law has placed them at risk of litigation and further noncompliance will no longer be accepted. Tell them that if they do not inform you of exclusion of the items or provide a VALID reason why they believe it should not be excluded AS REQUIRED UNDER THE LAW, the next letter they recieve will be a case filing from your attorney for their multiple violations of FCRA.

Consult the NACA site to find a consumer attorney if they continue to drag their feet.

Message 7 of 8
schjones1978
Contributor

Thanks, Norman!!! You Rock!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.