Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My scores just dropped 72 points!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores just dropped 72 points!

I had one baddie left on my EX an old verizon account. I received a settlement offer and wanted to pay off my old debts (2014). I guess that was a huuuuge mistake. My EX 8 score was just 668 yesterday and has now dropped to a 596 because the account updated as paid. I feel completely gutted and discouraged.

Who knew trying to pay old debts and correcting the situation would hurt me this much. 😭😭😭

Verizon won't PFD. I did just email the EO to see if they would pity me. But, I'm certain they will say kick rocks. I just needed to vent. I need cake for breakfast after waking to this.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My scores just dropped 72 points!

Keep trying to contact Verizon or the collection agency. Write and/or call them for a goodwill deletion. Give them a story that you're applying for a mortgage/loan and that's why you want to pay it off, etc. Again, good luck.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Verizon sell owns it but let a CA collect on it. Before I paid for it I asked for a PFD and verizon said no. I just emailed the EO and have my sad story. I'll see what they say. But, I just doubt they will at this point. I wonder if calling and talking to a Manger in the collection center would be helpful. Hmmmm
Message 3 of 10
elim
Senior Contributor

idiotic reporting/scoring system strikes again.  lenders should file a suit to correct this stupid pay and re-age error as i'm sure it costs them $$$ on unpaid debt.  Fair Isaac and the CRA's sure aren't hurting.

sry OP

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Yea you would think they wouldn't ding you for paying. All it does is deters people from paying their debts and just letting it age off.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid TWC thru EOS a few days ago.  I checked my Experian report this morning (fresh pull) and noticed that the balance is updated to show 0 and also says Paid/Collection.  Used to show Balance/Collection/Late.  My score did not drop so why did hers?  It is scheduled to fall off in Oct 2018.  Is that going to change???

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmm. Perhaps your profile is thicker than mines? Mines it kinda thin I suppose and this is the only baddie. I paid another collection that was on EQ and it went up a couple points but not down. I had a couple more baddies on that one. Maybe that's why? No idea. This stuff is confusing.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did your expected date to be removed get changed?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang. So sorry this happened to you! 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's weird is it doesn't show. It sort of shows on my EX like a credit account. Under the type it says unknown like my walmart cc does. Which I closed in good standing. But verizon isn't listed as a collection if that makes sense
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.