Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My situation...

tag
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

My situation...

Well, I am getting married soon and so I have been trying to rebuild my credit here.

I have 2 60 day lates from Sallie Mae...I actually had 4 but they removed 2 of them.

Other than that the only other concern is utilization.

Chase Freedom: $250/$1,000limit

Chase Freedom: $1288/$1500

Amex Blue: $2400/$2600

American Eagle: $230/$1900

Helzberg: $1400/$2100  0% promo so will be PIF by January

Then I have student loans...3 seperate accounts.

When I got my new job in February they pulled an Experian (im assuming it was a Plus score or something) at the time it was 686

I signed up for SW and my Equifax FICO was 662...which bummed me out. It's odd considering my util actually was lower and I had 2 60 day lates removed...yet my score was lower. I know there are differences between the two scores but I thought it would have been close to the same seeing as though the 2 lates were removed and I paid down some debt.

I did notice on my recent report Chase and Amex had in inquiry on there...actually 2 each. Im assuming its from when I asked them to lower my APR's...which thankfully they did,

Am I just looking at time here? Just paying things down or does anyone have any other suggestions?

I doubt anyone will increase my limits. AE does on its own every now and again without me even asking. But considering I am close to the limits on some they probably won't budge on those.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: My situation...

your almost at 60% util and your bummed out that your score is 662? get it down to less than 10% and you will see some gains. have you tried to gw the other 2 lates? how long have you been carrying a balance on the amex blue?  I would get the amex paid off asap

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 3
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Re: My situation...

I am looking into the other 2 but I think they are legit.

Also, in actuality I had to file a dispute with Equifax because I noticed one of the derogs was not removed but was done so on my experian report. So maybe that will bump it up a bit once that is officially removed.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.