cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My situation

tag
shawnprince1989
Established Member

Re: afni is trying to collect dish network, which they automa...

oh yeah, they said they won't send me receipts or agreement letters  but i can keep track of payments on my bank account? is this something to be worried about or no

Message 11 of 31
Shokk
Established Contributor

Re: afni is trying to collect dish network, which they automa...

Good luck!  Sound like you're definitely on the rgith track. I re-enlisted in 2010 and thankfully, my collections weren't an issue. Only came up duing my background check interview.

Some might argue against payment plans wtih a CA, but this would at least get you enlisted.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 12 of 31
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: My situation

Are you going for a MOS that requires a secret clearance? Maybe enlist in something like 11bravo for 2 yrs then move MOS.
Message 13 of 31
SantanzChild
Valued Member

That is a great way to get stuck as infantry.  If you dont qualify for the MOS you really want out of the gate fix your crap then try again.  That is the only way to gurantee that you get what you want out of the deal.

Message 14 of 31
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Hmm... I spent some years in the Army and had different MOS. That's why I said sign for 2 yrs if he's wanting to get in that bad. I guess with the economy the way it is you're right tho...they can pick and choose their enlistees. Could even go Guard then go active duty.
Message 15 of 31
Shokk
Established Contributor

@randyrhodes wrote:
Are you going for a MOS that requires a secret clearance? Maybe enlist in something like 11bravo for 2 yrs then move MOS.

Guess what requires a secret clearance.  At least it did when I went 11b just under 4 years ago.  Why would anyone want to be a pog?

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 16 of 31
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Wow. They've really changed if they're wanting secret clearance checks for 11B. Seems I heard they combined 11B with something else. Calling it 11X now. We've gotten way off topic here lol.
Message 17 of 31
Shokk
Established Contributor

@randyrhodes wrote:
Wow. They've really changed if they're wanting secret clearance checks for 11B. Seems I heard they combined 11B with something else. Calling it 11X now. We've gotten way off topic here lol.

Yes, a little off topic.  11X gets you the option to pound mortars if I remember right.  11B is still good ol infantry.

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 18 of 31
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Be a man. Throw an option 40 on with that contract! Just kidding. Much respect for ANYONE who wears our uniforms for any branch of our military.
Message 19 of 31
shawnprince1989
Established Member

everything is good so far. 
$150 bi-weekly payments as well as $100/month on my medical bill and some other bill so total is $500/month

everything SHOULD be cleared off by june 11th except for my medcial.

the moment i made payment plans, i recieved 2 other collection accounts from the hospital as well.  adding up to 2300. FOCK!

also found my paypal collection notice but it isn't on my credit report....... is there anything i can do about these 3? [medical and paypal] or am i just **bleep**ed with calling them up and making payments as well?

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.