Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My story (in detail) - please help

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: My story (in detail) - please help

Nothing will start the time over again.  Everything negative comes off according to the DOFD and that date cannot be changed.  Federal law.

No paying them will have no impact on when it is removed.

Yes, getting the negatives off your report is key to a good FICO score.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what happens if you get the CA to PFD but you cannot get the OC to do a GW "paid in full"? Doesn't that still hurt your score? I am very confused on my credit report because alot of mine are within the last 4 years, but nothing newer than 08.
Message 12 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So what happens if you get the CA to PFD but you cannot get the OC to do a GW "paid in full"? Doesn't that still hurt your score? I am very confused on my credit report because alot of mine are within the last 4 years, but nothing newer than 08.

I'm sorry, I don't think I understand what it is you are asking.  If the CA agrees to a PFD it will remove their account, it would not remove the OC account,.  The OC would have to update to a paid status without a GW.  The GW to the OC would be asking for them to remove the account.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.