cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My success so far (LOTS : ) ... I am putting an offer on a house this weekend also.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My success so far (LOTS : ) ... I am putting an offer on a house this weekend also.

Okay, this is likely to get all jumbled together but I wanted to share what has worked for me thus far.  I have spent many hours reading these boards the past three weeks and have learned so much.  Besides being able to get my husband's Fico scores to jump here are my accomplishments below:

1. Approved for unsecured Cap 1 and Orchard Bank CC.  Applied for these back in June sometime before getting on the boards.
  2. CLI to 500.00 on CAP 1 card
  3. Sent PFD/GW email to Chase CEO for an unpaid $1,049.00 balance.  Chase executive offices called me the next day advising us that though we were willing to pay there was no need to do so.  They credited all finance charges and late fees which gave us a credit of $51.00.  They also deleted the C/O off our all three credit bureaus.  This account was still within the SOL also.  SOooo they are paying us $51.00 to delete a debt completely for us and removed from the credit bureaus.  I also received a really nice letter from the lady that helps us.  I LOVE Chase.
  4. I was able to get Experian to remove a "account in dispute by consumer" statement just by calling
  5. Contacted Dorothy with Equifax per the advice of these boards and left her a message. She called me back the same day to advise me she removed the "account in dispute....."  statement for me.  YAY Dorothy : )
  6. I sent about 15 emails to Citi executives and filed a complain with the BBB because I was not able to get anyone to help me over the phone with removing the consumer dispute comment on my CBR.  I received a call from the executive offices two days after filing BBB dispute.  I spoke with a very nice lady named Loretta with Citi executive offices who advised me I would need to speak with Capital Management for any settlements but she as able to remove "account in dispute by consumer" comments that were listed by Sears on my credit bureau.  I was able to get the comment removed by all but one bureau so I still needed their help in removing the last one.  I advised Loretta of my dispute problem and she took care of it the same day!  I received notification via score watch that changes had been made. 

Things I am still working on:

1. TransUnion is reporting that one of my CO's was included in a bankruptcy (only TU shows this) but we have never filed BK.  My husband is a junior and his father did file in 2010 so I assume his info got mixed into my husbands report.  I have disputed the comment advising them never filed etc and hopefully that works.  Just incase that does not work I have also sent an email to the CEO of TransUnion advising of the same problem and stated that it is going to prevent me from buying a home if not taken care of.  Advised would be filing complaint with the FTC, my State Senators, President of the United States, BBB, and his grandmother if TransUnion does not fix the mistake.  I promise the email was not mean : )
  2. TransUnion (once again) is reporting an incorrect status date on my other CO account.  I have addressed this in the same manner as the bankruptcy issue.  I hope to hear something soon.  I also faxed a letter to the fraud department of TU disputing the BK and status date since I have read that others had success within a few days of faxing to them.  

The exciting news is that we are working on putting an offer on a house this weekend!  My mortgage broker said that we do have to get rid of the bankruptcy comment but that should not be a problem since it is not ours.  He stated that if we have to we can do a rapid rescore and should be able to have it corrected if need be.  If anyone needs any of the contact info I used I am pretty good at reply with the info but please PM me for it instead of just posting on the thread....easier that way.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My success so far (LOTS : ) ... I am putting an offer on a house this weekend also.

I forgot to mention that I have not really been working on my own credit but that I did file disputes on some things with TU about 4 days ago.  I got a response back today and three trades were deleted!!! Yay

Message 2 of 3
focused1914
Regular Contributor

Re: My success so far (LOTS : ) ... I am putting an offer on a house this weekend also.

Can you send me a PM how your conversion went with Experian.... I have a dispute going with them right now...   If you dont mind.    Will consider calliing them on monday

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.