cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My summer of Rebuilding.. Now of to the garden.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My summer of Rebuilding.. Now of to the garden.

My Summer of rebuilding… Now off to the Garden.

Credit was never really a factor in my life, so I had never paid particular attention to it. Besides I KNEW that it was bad. Heck, in 2011 Chase denied me a BANK account because of my credit.

Here's the quick story...

Defaulted on 48k of SL's 10/2009 

Wage garnishment from 6/2010- Late 2014 for 20k of SL's - Got down to 7k and PIF on 5/2015

8/2014 - Entered SL rehab for 28k of loans through FAMS - Ended SL Rehab 5/2015 - Loans Picked up by Navient 6/2015

I had no other personal credit, except some stuff from years ago. (some good some bad) – all too old to report on my credit.

I was an authorized user on two of my family's cards. - a Chase Freedom MC $5k limit (which was basically setup for my exclusive use - I charged I paid) and a BOA World Points MC $5k limit (this was a use in case of emergency card - I have NEVER used my card).

ALL my SL's are still showing as defaulted by Sallie Mae

New Jersey Student Assistance Authority still showed my loans as defaulted.

I have a judgement for $702 on my report (This was paid years ago) but it was still showing as open. – currently disputing this

I have an open collection for $333 from Enhanced Recovery over a sprint bill from YEARS ago. (this was entered on my CR in 2012) – currently disputing this

So my starting scores were as follows: 

(6/15) TU 587  EQ 564  EX 563. Terrible I know.

So now that my loans were in order and picked up by Navient – I currently have duplicate reporting – loans show good by navient – defaulted / being paid by insurance by sallie mae. Sallie Mae stuff is scheduled to fall off Nov 15 due to aging.

I decided to try to rebuild / reestablish as much credit as possible. I read and studied on here and here’s where I’m at.

Applied for Cap One plat 6/22/15 - Approved for $3k

Got Pre approval letter in mail for USAA WWP MC - 8/11/15 Applied Approved for $5k

Got Prequal AMEX Plat offer 100k bonus with 3k spend - Applied 8/27/15 - Approved

On 9/1 I logged into my Cap One platinum account (to see if my payment cleared) and hit the cli request button after reading about said "luv" button here. CLI granted instantly to $5k.

Sept 2 - Applied for Barclay rewards card – Got the 7-10 day decision message – tried to recon, they said that my “only” acct – the cap one was too new. USAA and AMEX haven’t hit my Credit Report yet.

Sept 2 – Went back to Chase Prequal site – was prequaled for Freedom and Slate. Since I already had a freedom card (remember the one set up for me) I opted for the slate – Approved with $5k CL. Looking back I prob should have gotten the Freedom, BUT I just wanted a 4th TL and was kinda pissed about the barclays denial.

Now I'm starting to worry about inquiries:

I show the following Inquiries:

TU - 3) Cap One 6/12/15 Barclays 9/2/15 Chase 9/2/15

EQ: 5) Cap One 6/12/15, Verizon East 2/11/15, Verizon Wireless 2/10/15, Verizon East 1/20/14 - I switched my cable to Verizon fios, AND got a VZW cell phone plan - why 3 hp's I don't know.  and USAA FCB 10/1/14

EX - 5) Amex 8/28/15, USAA 8/11/15, Cap One 6/12/15, FAMS (Student loan servicer during rehab - dunno why this is a HP) 4/3/2015 and BOA 9/12/13 – Opened bank acct, got an HP.

I started the summer with NO accounts in my name and horribly bad scores. Here’s where I’m finishing the summer:

Cap One Platinum with $5k CL

USAA WWP MC  with $5k CL

Chase Slate with $5k CL

Amex Plat with 100k bonus offer after 3k spend in 3 months and NPSL.

Current Scores:

9/3/15 – TU 684 (+86 points) EQ 692 (+128 points) EX??

I’m waiting till dec to pay for another 3 bureau to confirm the duplicate sallie mae stuff fell off.

Only ONE TU pull was wasted - The Barclays one, which was a denial but it is what it is.

It's been a very fruitful summer. SO now it's time to garden for at least the fall and winter. My plan is to charge small amounts each month to each of the 3 revolving cards and PIF, usually early. Amex is a diff story bc I'm on a mission to acquire points, but that's a diff discussion.

What would you guys do in my shoes?? How long in the garden?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.