Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My up & down story

tag
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

My up & down story

This is very hard for me to admit because I feel like such a failure.  I work soooo hard to get my credit good enough to buy a house.  I was successful last May and bought my 1st home.  THen I went crazy.  I got at least a dozen credit cards to help make my house a home.  THen in April of thie year, reality set in that I was in over my head and could not afford to pay everything off.  While I have kept my mortgage, CAP1, DIscover, Amex, Barclays completely current, my 8-9 store cards that I had are now charge-offs.  I don't know where to begin fixing this and I can't believe that I have done this to myself!  Thanks for letting me vent and any help you may send my way wiould be so appreciated!!

5/16/13 Starting FICOEQ: 521 FICOTU: 536 FICOEX: 571
5/13/14 Current FICOEQ: 668 FICOTU: 690 FICOEX: 673
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My up & down story

All I can say is tackle them ONE AT A TIME.   Pick on - see if you can PFD if you can - great - pay it and move on - and then move to the next one.  Slowly you'll take care of them.  

Message 2 of 5
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Are your charge offs with collections or with OC? If with OC see if you can make a payment plan with them and start paying them off as much as you can, all the damage that can be done is already done with those 8-9 cards being charged off. Good luck hope things work out for you.

Message 3 of 5
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

They are all still with the OC.  Is that good?  WIll they back it out of charge-off status?

5/16/13 Starting FICOEQ: 521 FICOTU: 536 FICOEX: 571
5/13/14 Current FICOEQ: 668 FICOTU: 690 FICOEX: 673
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sharriel wrote:

They are all still with the OC.  Is that good?  WIll they back it out of charge-off status?

Hard to tell - I'd just try to get pay for delete - if they wont - then try to see if they will take it out of CO status-but you'll probably get 'Late Payments" reporting then.  Best to just delete if you can.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.