Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wifes Report

tag
mikie209
Regular Contributor

My wifes Report

I am starting to work on my wifes report now since all I have left on my mine is sending GW Letters.

Hers is not as bad as I thought.

Experian Fako 575

USAA CC $1000CL/$0 Balance - Just approved

Inquiries - 4

Collections

Account Name: Credit Buereau Associates

Account #

Account Type: Collection Department/Agency/Attorney
Balance: $1990

Past Due: $1990

Date Opened: 1/1/2010

Account Status: Open

Payment Status: Credit Grantor Cannot Locate Consumer
Terms: 12 Months

Comments: Account in Dispute by Consumer

Its doesnt show installment under the accounts details but on her report it says she has one installment loan. This is the only account that looks like an installment loan. Are they suppose to report it like that if it is in collections? Also she has never disputed this because this is the first time she has ever pulled her reports or done anything with her collections.

Account Name: Bay Area Credit Services

Account #

Balance: $1445

Past Due: $1445

Date Opened: 10/1/2011

Account Status: Closed

Payment Status: Seriously past due date/assigned to attorney, collection agency or credit grantors internal collection department

Terms: 1 Month

Account Name: CBSJ Financial Corp

Account #

Balance: $73

Past Due: $73

Date Opened: 1/1/2012

Payment Status: Seriously past due date/assigned to attorney, collection agency or credit grantors internal collection department

Account Name: Central Financial Control

Account #

Balance: $529

Past Due: $529

Date Opened: 11/1/2012

Account Name: Conserve

Account #

Balance: $39

Past Due: $39

Date Opened: 9/1/2012

Account Name: NCO FIN/99

Account #

Balance: $126

Past Due: $126

Date Opened: 11/1/2012

Account Name: Stellar Recovery Inc

Account #

Balance: $248

Past Due: $248

Date Opened: 5/1/2013

Account Name: The Law Offices of MIT

Account #

Balance: $1948

Past Due: $1948

Date Opened: 4/1/2013

Account Name: Midland Funding

Account #

Account Type: Debt Purchase

Balance: N/A doesnt show anything

Past Due: N/A doesnt show anything

Date Opened: 12/1/2011

Payment Status: Paid, was a collection account, insurance claim or government claim or was terminated for default

I know a lot of them are medical collections. I want to work on the ones with the lowest balance first as I would be able to PFD or just pay them.

They are all within the SOL of my state so I dont want to send a DV letter and then they try to sue for them.

All of the collections on her report say they are in the "credit grantors internal collection department" Do you think that would help since the OC still has the debt when trying to PFD?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My wifes Report

DV the CAs. If they verify and you agree then send PFDs.

PFD any OCs.

Send a GW to any paid baddie.

IMO, ignore SOL if you have 100% of the money saved already. You can always offer a settlement within the PFD, but SOL only matters if you don't have the ability to pay it off if they decide to sue.

The comment doesn't mean anything. Your CR or CMS posted that. I wouldn't read anything into it. But always try for a PFD. Don't let any comment or non-comment dissuade you. And always send the PFD to whomever reports the debt.

Message 2 of 3
mikie209
Regular Contributor

Re: My wifes Report

Thanks. I think I will first send DV letters to the CA's i know I can PIF  and for the medical collections which have the higher balances, my wife said her insurance should have covered those and she is going to talk to them.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.