Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My work this week

tag
diabla
Regular Contributor

Re: My work this week

I sent the PFD along with the money order.  I had previously sent a PFD offer, and neither of them responded.  Since both were small amounts, under $200, I tried again and just sent the money with it.  I'm sorry I didn't keep the letter, I was typing and reusing the same screen - type, print, clear screen, type, print, lol.  Like I was on an old Radio Shack TRS 80 or something!  Now I see I don't even have a copy, so I will have to remember how to rewrite it.

But I kept it really basic, short and simple.  I said stated what I was writing about, I put in the line about I'm not acknowledging that the debt is mine, I am enclosing xxx amount to settle this debt in full, I understand that you have the right to report accurate information to the credit bureaus, I also understand that you are under no obligation to remove accurate information from my credit reports, but I respectfully ask that you delete this report from my file upon receipt and acceptance of payment in full.  I also stated that having it on my reports was causing me tremendous difficulty in obtaining credit and conducting business and/or  passing employment background checks.

Revise as necessary.  Now these weren't CAs that I had been feuding with, neither of them had contacted me in several years.  I don't know if this same approach would work with one of the big nasty ones or one that you've been going back and forth with for a while - but its certainly worth a try.  Their goal is to get the money in their hands!  And I've seen a lot of people say that once they pay, they file a dispute and the CA ignores the dispute so it ends up deleted.

Message 11 of 13
diabla
Regular Contributor

Wanted to give a final update on this from about 3 weeks ago now..  Got frustrated a few times and wanted to curl up in a ball and cry, but looking back, I accomplished the nearly entire list.  Got rid of Midland from all 3, that was the one that made me want to cry but I did it and ON MY OWN.  My lawyer was ZERO help.  I had said I would let him keep the money I paid as a kind of future retainer, but then the more I thought about it, the more it annoyed me that he just flat out didn't do what I paid him to do.  Luckily I paid him by credit card and I reverse the charges.  I'm not taking mess off of Midland and I'm not taking it off of him either!  

TU is STILL holding on that collection and refusing to delete.  They have not updated the record since early October, even though the CA has sent numerous updates.  TU says that I now have an "open dispute" and they get like 30-45 days to play with it, and every time I write them a letter telling them what I think of them, they respond that I have sent them more information so now they get another 15 days.  I am so angry over this, its like they've somehow blackballed me, and this was my best FICO until they started this mess.  I had to stop writing them and just let the dispute expire on 12/5 and then I'll see what they do, because the CA has requested a deletion and they have no reason to hold on to it.  The other two deleted immediately.

That judgment I had vacated?  The EX and EQ deleted immediately upon receipt of my court doc, TU is holding on to it.  Using the same stall tactic that they're using with the CA above, saying that they get an extra 15 days every time I send them another copy of the court doc with a request to delete.  This one is also set to expire 12/5 if I don't say anything else to them about it.

I've filed complaints with the CFPB about them and their handling of my disputes.  Waiting to hear back from CFPB.  However, CFPB got EQ to delete Midland within 7 days of my filing the complaint.  Apparently TU is even giving them the finger.  

That CA that could not validate and was unlicensed, admitted they would delete but EQ was taking too long (or the CA never sent the deletion).  I sent EQ a copy of the letter I got from the CA admitting their lack of proof, and EQ deleted immediately.

DTE claims their policy prohibits them from removing lates.  I don't believe it, but my lates were two years ago as of December so I think their impact may be lessened.  However, the CRA has a note that it won't turn positive until I think 2017?  Or 2015?  At any rate, ridiculous that it should impact for longer than two years.  I'm still looking out for any contact info for DTE consumer affairs because the executive office was useless.  I've focused my attention on other things, like trying to get a tax lien removed and get a PFD on a repo.

Message 12 of 13
diabla
Regular Contributor

So after updating my progress, I wake up to an alert by EQ that they've reinserted one of my earlier deletions!  This was one where the CA admitted they couldn't validate and stated that they would remove.  Not only did they reinsert it, but they changed the status to PAID!  This is a total and outright LIE.  I am just shocked.  I do NOT believe the CA did this either, I believe EQ took it upon themselves to reinsert it and change the status.  They did the same thing to my Midland record.  Midland  was notified that they could not collect on a BK discharged debt, and then it immediately disappeared from TU/EX, but EQ changed the status to IIB.  I fully believe they did that on their own. If this CA had suddenly discovered some proof of the debt, I'm sure they would have contacted me.

I originally faxed my CA letter to EQ and they deleted the next day.  But I also mailed them a copy, and then they opened a dispute when they received the mail.  This alert was the result of the dispute completing, so it appears some EQ drone took it upon themselves to reinsert it and change it to Paid.

I have filed a complaint with the CFPB as of this morning and included all of my documents.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.