Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFICO Thank you!! Goodbye Jeff Cap Sys

tag
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Re: MyFICO Thank you!! Goodbye Jeff Cap Sys

@taxi818 wrote:

Thank you. I remember telling you. Smiley Happy. I got my last co off this morning from same case. Good luck. 

No......I Thank you!!!!!  You are tops!!!  Smiley HappyHeart

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alienfico: I also have Jeff Cap Sys hounding me. Was this dropped because they couldn't prove they own the loan? I'm trying to get them off my back as well and would love to know how you did it. Thanks.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, this has to do with an FTC action in 2008 against Compucredit and Jefferson Capital, regarding their shady CC marketing and subsequent collection practices. See the actual injunction here. If you had a credit card CO from one of Compucredits subsidiaries (Aspire was one of them) opened prior to 2008, it would potentially fall under this ruling.

Message 13 of 24
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I just found this on my husbands report.  Original creditor was CITI ZALES.  We live in Louisiana.  Can someone tell me how to get this removed from my husbands report?  We are trying to build up my husbands credit and this is going to tare it down!  They were just added November 2014!

Thanks for any help on this.

Starting all over again!
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I just checked my credit tracker and I now have this on my transuniun

JEFFCAPSYS for overa couple grand!

can you help me figure out how to get rid of this, I dont know thease peaple and have no more bad debt.

thank you so much for any help on what to do

Message 15 of 24
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Hi, I had an ASPIRE card that just needed to finally expire off my CR.  This was in response to shady practices done by Aspire (bottom feeder credit grantor) and 

as such I was able to write letters to just about any federal entity that would listen and I finally put enough fire under their butt that it wasn't worth it.  The amount

was $750, but still ......

I don't know about Citi - Zales, did you do a search on board to see if anyone else had any success.  Did you do a debt validation letter?  Can anyone else chime

in that has had any success with this please....thanks.  The board is awesome, everyone has had an experience that collectively helps everyone else.  

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much Alienfico and Taxi818. Your great advice has helped me get rid of this CA who has been reporting on me forever and I didn't even know who they were! 

Message 17 of 24
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you so much Alienfico and Taxi818. Your great advice has helped me get rid of this CA who has been reporting on me forever and I didn't even know who they were! 

Congrats. 

Message 18 of 24
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

I found out that Jeff Cap Sys is supposed to be registered in the state of Louisiana and they are not!  Their license has been revoked!

What do you suggest I do to get them off the credit report?  What exactly does a DV letter look like coming from the collection agency?  All I ever get is something that looks like a bill.  Tells me OC and the amount ode and how I can pay and if they are willing to take less of a payment.

Thanks!

Congrats to TheBeachBornMrs in getting yours removed!

Starting all over again!
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kennerchick wrote:

I found out that Jeff Cap Sys is supposed to be registered in the state of Louisiana and they are not!  Their license has been revoked!

What do you suggest I do to get them off the credit report?  What exactly does a DV letter look like coming from the collection agency?  All I ever get is something that looks like a bill.  Tells me OC and the amount ode and how I can pay and if they are willing to take less of a payment.

Thanks!

Congrats to TheBeachBornMrs in getting yours removed!

This is an easy one. Write them a letter informing them they are in violation of LA state law by performing collection activities against a LA resident when they are not properly licenced to do so. Tell them they must stop all collection activity immediately, and delete all CRA reporting related to you, or face litigation from you as well as being reported to the LA attorney general.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.