Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico Credit Score not very accurate

tag
nikkiheaven
Contributor

MyFico Credit Score not very accurate

I have scorewatch from MyFico.  It seems to be about 21 points off.  I applied for credit at Navy Federal, and they send you your credit score.  My Equifax score was 21 points lower than what MyFico reports.  Sigh...........  I think I'm going to stop paying for scores, and just focus on having the cleanest report possible.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Re: MyFico Credit Score not very accurate

Probably the best thing to do Smiley Happy

FYI, myfico provides the EQ 08 calulated score while the EQ site provide the 04 calculated score. I think mortgage lenders use the EQ 04.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 2 of 6
Gerri
New Contributor

I got my NFCU FICO score today and it was 1 point lower than mine her at myfico so I guess it just depends for each individual. 

Starting Score: 599
Current Score: EQ-739,TU-738
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 6
tyhollin
Valued Member

All scoring models will be slightly different because scoring companies each have their own scoring algorithm. I use myfico because it's what most creditors use when determining credit risk. In my personal experience I find that myfico tends to score me slightly higher.

I use credit karma and myfico and I have found that if I pay my credit card balance to 0 myfico score rises whereas my credit karma score drops. On the other hand, if I open a new credit card myfico drops and my credit karma goes up.
Message 4 of 6
Superman85
Regular Contributor

That much of a difference, they might be giving you TU or EX FICO score and not EQ Fico as myFICO does with scorewatch

Message 5 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

@nikkiheaven wrote:

I have scorewatch from MyFico.  It seems to be about 21 points off.  I applied for credit at Navy Federal, and they send you your credit score.  My Equifax score was 21 points lower than what MyFico reports.  Sigh...........  I think I'm going to stop paying for scores, and just focus on having the cleanest report possible.

+1

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.