cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico Score went up 25 points????!! Strange?!

tag
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

MyFico Score went up 25 points????!! Strange?!

I am sooooo confused right now, I have been doing a lot with my reports lately trying to get organized. I had 2 big collection accounts deleted in the past week, but there was no change to my score at all. I was a little surprised because it was my biggest account in collections. Also I applied for 4 credit cards over the past 2 weeks, 1 denied, 3 approved, 2 secured, 1 unsecured. I thought for sure my score would drop with so many inquiries, but instead it JUMPS 25 POINTS!!!! What in the world!

Im not complaining, I'm just saying I'm lost, just when I thought I was starting to understand some of this I am thrown a curve ball, LOL. Plus when it sent me the alert the letter said sometimes scores drop because of inquires, because when someone applies for several credit accounts in a short amount of time it shows that a person might have bad credit and may be getting denied a lot, LOL!

oh well my SCORE JUMPED 25 POINTS YIPPEE!!!!!!Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Wink

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Re: MyFico Score went up 25 points????!! Strange?!

If you had no previous open  lines..you may have received the increase from the 3 new open accounts. I hope I can get a score like that...can I ask what companies your cards were with?

Message 2 of 4
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Of course you can, I owe this forum so muchSmiley Wink

First I used this link found on this forum check it out its super helpful http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2011/pf/1104/gallery.best_credit_cards_bad_credit/2.html 

I got approve for Open Sky secured, easy one though, no credit check so no inquiries

I got approve for a Capital One Credit card secured,

and a Orchard Bank unsecured, easy with really low scores of 504/549/525

Walmart denied meSmiley Sad

here is another good site to check out you can put it any card and will show you what was use when a card was denied or approve so you can compare your situation, and figure out if you will get approved or not without going through so many inquires http://www.whogavemecredit.com/forms/search.php?srch=browse

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Much appreciated...i think i'll be going with the opensky...Cap One denied me with scores higher than many i've seen

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.