Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico friends i need your advice!

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

MyFico friends i need your advice!

I called Chase today, they are willing to delete my accounts from my reports once they are paid. My My question is should i move forward to do so, or let the lates fall off gradually, i will be stuck with them for the next 7 years, as they were all obtained last year between June and Dec '10.

Seems that Chase doesnt mind deleting an account, but they will not remove lates from an account.

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MyFico friends i need your advice!

How bad are the lates?

Message 2 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

The worst is a 90 day late, i dont have my report in front of me but i have a few 30 and 60s too.

Message 3 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Chase Acct 1- 30, 30, 60

Chase Acct 2- 30, 60, 90

Message 4 of 10
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Was this for a Chase CC? And they actually told you that they would delete the account? Can you PLEASE PM me the number you called and any tips on what you said? I have a Chase account that was long paid off and closed and it has a 90-day that is killing me but Chase would not budge on GW deletions of the lates. This account doesn't help my AAOA or anything else so I would be more thanhappy if they would delete!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 5 of 10
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

If I were you, I would figure my AAoA before and after the deletion.  If it doesn't hurt you there, I would have it deleted and be rid of it for the next  7 years.

I was lucky enough to have  Chase GW deletion but it also knocked my EQF score down although my AAoA didn't decrease. 

At least with the deletion you won't have to worry about it anymore, it is just gone baby gone.

Message 6 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yes that what the lady said, she told me whenever i pay the card off to give her a call back, and they would delete it.  They dont do goodwills for removal of lates from what i gathered. 

anyways the number is: 1-888-622-7547

Message 7 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

@Tooliebell wrote:

If I were you, I would figure my AAoA before and after the deletion.  If it doesn't hurt you there, I would have it deleted and be rid of it for the next  7 years.

I was lucky enough to have  Chase GW deletion but it also knocked my EQF score down although my AAoA didn't decrease. 

At least with the deletion you won't have to worry about it anymore, it is just gone baby gone.

Yea thats one way to look at it...i opened these accounts in 2008. My oldest account was opened in 2006. 

Message 8 of 10
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Thanks for the # and I totally agree, unless it will have an impact on AAoA, I would definitely have them delete the entire account and be rid of the lates.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 9 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IMO, I'd go for it if they agreed in writing that they'd delete. Heck yea! As a 3 year old TL, even if it did impact AAoA, regaining 3 years due patiently waiting is a lot easier than having major derogs report for the next 6.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.