Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico knowledge works. AFNI deletion!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico knowledge works. AFNI deletion!

thank you to the wonderful collection of knowledge in these forums, I have began my journey to better credit AND…

Got my first positive response. AFNI IS DELETING MY BADDIE.

Helpful hint: I emailed them (AFNI) AND sent a dispute to TU. it was a paid in full collection from 2014-2015.

I'm dancing in my office at work like a friggin idiot.

GW LETTERS CAN WORK.

Mad love faceless internet people of myFico. Ye Gods how y'all have educated me. Hearts and stars.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MyFico knowledge works. AFNI deletion!

Congratulations!

I have an AFNI collection, could you explain in more detail what you did?

Whom did you e-mail, and what did you ask? Did you do debt validation first, or a PIF directly?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll send you the email. I PIF not knowing about myFico and PFD options. Grr. GW letter/email stated my hardship and politely asked if I could remove the debt in question.

I'm not sure if this helped, but I had the account already in dispute with TU via CK website. I did move from one state to another and that was their reasoning for removal.

"Thank you for your inquiry. Due to Afni’s initial collection notice being returned to Afni by the USPS causing you to not being advised of the account prior to credit reporting Afni has made the decision to make a request with the three major credit bureaus to have this account removed from your credit report. Attached is a letter reflecting this request."

My GW letter DID state that my residence had changed, and it honestly did.

IMO always try for PFD first before become the GW letter ambassador like myself.

Email coming and good luck!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done! We will happy dance with you!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.