Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico quarterly monitoring TU score vs Credit karma

tag
Cracka
Valued Member

MyFico quarterly monitoring TU score vs Credit karma

Last week I signed up for creditkarma and was flabbergasted when it spilled out a 722 Fico score and said I was in the "good credit" category. I knew this was weird since I recently was declined for a Costco Amex true earnings CC. This site also tempted me to apply for certain CC's but luckily I resisted the temptation since I had a feeling that it was too good to be true.

Well, I signed up for quarterly monitoring today and got my TU fico. It is 610, wow, how can my fako on CK be 112 points higher than my TU fico? I know the score modeling is different, but this post serves to caution all of you who use CK for advice in obtaining new CC's! Beware.

As for me, I'm hopeful that my scores will go up since I sent a lot of GW letters out last week. I even received a SW alert stating that my FIA acct reported changes for the positive! I haven't verified on my EX report yet but i don't see this on my TU yet either. Will wait and see.

Starting Score: 639
Current Score: 648 EQ, 664 TU
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: MyFico quarterly monitoring TU score vs Credit karma

@Cracka wrote:
Last week I signed up for creditkarma and was flabbergasted when it spilled out a 722 Fico score and said I was in the "good credit" category. I knew this was weird since I recently was declined for a Costco Amex true earnings CC. This site also tempted me to apply for certain CC's but luckily I resisted the temptation since I had a feeling that it was too good to be true.

Well, I signed up for quarterly monitoring today and got my TU fico. It is 610, wow, how can my fako on CK be 112 points higher than my TU fico? I know the score modeling is different, but this post serves to caution all of you who use CK for advice in obtaining new CC's! Beware.

As for me, I'm hopeful that my scores will go up since I sent a lot of GW letters out last week. I even received a SW alert stating that my FIA acct reported changes for the positive! I haven't verified on my EX report yet but i don't see this on my TU yet either. Will wait and see.

Credit Karma is a fako score and has no meaning whats so ever when it comes to lenders looking at your creditworthiness. myFico quarter Monitoring uses Fico 08'

Over 90% of lenders use fico scoring. 

Message 2 of 16
rm3
Regular Contributor

Which Fico does Walmart use?

Message 3 of 16
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I believe they use 04' I could be wrong. I don't shop at walmart!!!!

Message 4 of 16
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

My ck score is only five pts off from my tu fico. Everyone is different.
Message 5 of 16
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@rm3 wrote:
Which Fico does Walmart use?

myFICO uses the TU04 model, and Walmart uses the TU08 model. People here say that the TU08 model is used by almost NO lenders, and as such is valueless. My opinion is that if you use all the free scores out there (CreditKarma, CreditSesame, Credit.com, Quizzle) as trending numbers, then they all have some value. They may not be FICO scores, but if they are all increasing, then it is likely that your FICO score is increasing. Maybe not by the same ratios, but it is a valid tool if used in that light.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 16
fdiggy
New Contributor

My CK credit score is 643, my TU FICO pulled from lender 724

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 16
deadbishop
Regular Contributor

Indiolatino61 I think your wrong..myfico uses tu98 and eq beacon 5.0
Walmart uses tu08
Most mortgage lenders use tu04 eq beacon5.0 and ex 04 version 2
Bankrupcy 7 Filed 2/20/2012
Discharged 6/18/2012
FICO as of 7/6/2012
TU 630 Classic (04)
EQ 641 FACTA Beacon 5.0
EX 607 Fair Isaac (ver. 2)

Message 8 of 16
deadbishop
Regular Contributor

The tu98 from here myfico is not used by lenders
Bankrupcy 7 Filed 2/20/2012
Discharged 6/18/2012
FICO as of 7/6/2012
TU 630 Classic (04)
EQ 641 FACTA Beacon 5.0
EX 607 Fair Isaac (ver. 2)

Message 9 of 16
rm3
Regular Contributor

Any significant difference between the tu98 and the tu04

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.