Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyPrivacyMatters - is it a FAKO and other questions

tag
fixingitohio
Contributor

MyPrivacyMatters - is it a FAKO and other questions

Based on the recommendations here, we signed up for EliminateIDTheft/MyPrivacyMatters, primarily to stay on top of credit reports daily along with scores.

Some questions:

1.  Does refreshing your report daily there count as a SP or HP at all?

2.  I pulled their scores for myself and DW.  I'm going to assume they're FAKO's.  From what I understand they use TransUnion, so I was especially bummed that TransUnion here was 640 and was 590 on MPM.  EQ was 593 here and 559 there.

Hers see a similar shift (downward).

Which do we base our decisions on?  We're in the cleanup process now (had 3 incorrectly reporting judgements cleaned up in the 3 weeks we've been doing this).  Have done some GW to long paid collections and have a couple of PFD's out for medical.  

Does MPM truly update daily?  If we get a GW deletion will it reflect when deleted or is there a lag.

I don't want to sound whiney, just need my "score fix".  After a month, I feel like an addict.  Waiting until 3/28 to buy new FICO's  

Thanks all.

Starting Score: 640 TU / 593 EQ / 596 EX (3/1/13)
Current Score: 695 TU / 725 EQ / 673 EX (11/7/13)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: MyPrivacyMatters - is it a FAKO and other questions

@fixingitohio wrote:

Based on the recommendations here, we signed up for EliminateIDTheft/MyPrivacyMatters, primarily to stay on top of credit reports daily along with scores.

Some questions:

1.  Does refreshing your report daily there count as a SP or HP at all? Pulling your own reports has no affect on your scores.

2.  I pulled their scores for myself and DW.  I'm going to assume they're FAKO's.  From what I understand they use TransUnion, so I was especially bummed that TransUnion here was 640 and was 590 on MPM.  EQ was 593 here and 559 there. If you signed up for Fico quarterly monitoring, that will be yor Fico score. Which is good compared to your fako score of 590 from MPM.

Hers see a similar shift (downward).

Which do we base our decisions on?  We're in the cleanup process now (had 3 incorrectly reporting judgements cleaned up in the 3 weeks we've been doing this).  Have done some GW to long paid collections and have a couple of PFD's out for medical.  

Does MPM truly update daily?  If we get a GW deletion will it reflect when deleted or is there a lag. Having a paid collection deleted could take up to 60 days. patience is a virtue!!! Good luck on your credit rebuilding journey!!!

I don't want to sound whiney, just need my "score fix".  After a month, I feel like an addict.  Waiting until 3/28 to buy new FICO's  

Thanks all.

Message 2 of 3
dmorey
Contributor

Re: MyPrivacyMatters - is it a FAKO and other questions

I use this company so I can pull daily and see what's gone and what's still on my frequently changing reports. As mentioned, these aren't your real scores. I check them out on occasion just to see if they are moving up or down, but they are not really of value so just try to ignore them. The scores on this site are the ones to watch. Pulling your own scores doesn't cause pulls. Only you can tell on your reports. Creditors won't see it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.