Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfico vs Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Myfico vs Experian

Just trying to figure out why my Experian Fico account seems to update my score everyday, while my MyFico scores (particularly experian) still shows the non updated score from 2+ weeks ago. I thought it would update with every change to my report.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Re: Myfico vs Experian

I use CreditCheckTotal for my daily Experian score/report & monthly 3B FICO 8 scores.

I only use MyFico when I want to see scores other than FICO 8's. MyFico is reallllly slow on updates compared to others.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg I just posted this!! My score was stagnant since 12/12/15. Since then I've played around with my credit card balances to get it it move... Nothing. I finally got two collections removed and dropped my Utilization from 2% to 1% and low and behold it moved a measly 4pts! Credit Check Total shows my score as 696 and MyFico is only at 673! I'm so frustrated. I'm trying to raise my EX middle mortgage score from 625 to 640 to proceed with a USDA loan instead of FHA. MyFico has got to do better!!
Message 3 of 5
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Omg I just posted this!! My score was stagnant since 12/12/15. Since then I've played around with my credit card balances to get it it move... Nothing. I finally got two collections removed and dropped my Utilization from 2% to 1% and low and behold it moved a measly 4pts! Credit Check Total shows my score as 696 and MyFico is only at 673! I'm so frustrated. I'm trying to raise my EX middle mortgage score from 625 to 640 to proceed with a USDA loan instead of FHA. MyFico has got to do better!!

What did the myFICO simulator tell you to do for your low score and your middle score? Have you pulled your reports to be sure they are no longer listed on your report? Get your free EX report from AnnualCreditReport.com  if you haven't received it in the past 12 months.  Go to CreditKarma to get your free TU and EQ report.  

Are the collections on all three reports? If not, wait about 30 days or check weekly with Karma to see when they come off.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
daverhere
Contributor

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

I use CreditCheckTotal for my daily Experian score/report & monthly 3B FICO 8 scores.

I only use MyFico when I want to see scores other than FICO 8's. MyFico is reallllly slow on updates compared to others.

I was just on that site and it said...

• Customer alerts when your FICO Score goes up or down

Is that true? Do they give you score updates as they happen for all three credit bureaus or is it just EX and the other two are once a month?

FICO May 2016 - EX 714, TU 711, EQ 713 - -
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.