cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysteries Collection Agency: 236YC01352

tag
Geppy

Re: Mysteries Collection Agency: 236YC01352

Yeah, I'm realizing I have some leverage here.  Thanks!

I'm just wondering now whether it will move the needle enough on my FICO to make it worth doing a PFD.  Thoughts?

And again, thank you!  This is a pretty awesome community Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Geppy, your links to CIC were edited out. Unfortunately that site offers credit repair advice that is unethical and goes against the Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines of this site. The link, Example letters , does have PFD letters as posted. And alternative for SOL would be here. As with any SOL source, laws change all the time and there can be errors.

Message 12 of 25
Geppy

@llecs wrote:

Hi Geppy, your links to CIC were edited out. Unfortunately that site offers credit repair advice that is unethical and goes against the Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines of this site. The link, Example letters , does have PFD letters as posted. And alternative for SOL would be here. As with any SOL source, laws change all the time and there can be errors.

Oh, wow.  My apologies IIecs.  I had no idea... still too new here.

Thanks for the alternate links.  The good news is, it looks like the SOL for California is still 4 years so nothing has changed for that.  

Still hoping to get an opinion on the bang for my PFD buck I'd get in my FICO and if it's worth it or not.  If it seems so, I'll be starting to process on it ASAP and I'll do my duty to contribute to the community by updating this thread and letting everyone know how my journey with this collection goes.

Thanks again!

Message 13 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

SOL is definitely 4 years in Cali. Also, a payment can reset SOL there as well. 

Message 14 of 25
Geppy

A payment can reset it, but if I send a PFD and they accept it... then it gets deleted, yes?  Any SOL would be moot then, not reset.

Message 15 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

SOL is the time frame a credit has to sue. If you have the $$$ set aside, then SOL is pointless because you can always pay to avert a judgment. SOL has nothing to do with reporting.

CRTP is the reporting time period. That's set by federal law and is 7-7.5 years from the DOFD of the debt. So, no matter if they accept a PFD or not or if you pay it or don't, it'll still disappear as scheduled. And yes, moot issue if they do accept the PFD.

Message 16 of 25
Geppy

Ok, that's what I thought.  My belief right now is that my SOL can't be reset because I'm either not going to pay it, or I'll pay it via PFD.

However, reading through the "What Steps Do I Take" thread, I'm wondering what my actual course of action should be. 

As I said in the beginning, I don't even know what this collection is for.  That being said, do I send a DV first?  Do I dispute it with the credit reporting agencies first?  Or do I just do a PFD?  I'm not clear on what the best course of action is here.

Message 17 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I always recommend sending a DV first. If they respond, then you might have a better idea of whether or not the debt is legit and they'll give you a balance of which you can base your PFD off of. I wouldn't dispute.

Message 18 of 25
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@llecs wrote:

I always recommend sending a DV first. If they respond, then you might have a better idea of whether or not the debt is legit and they'll give you a balance of which you can base your PFD off of. I wouldn't dispute.

+1

What would you dispute?  Do you have a valid reason to dispute it?  Just because it's on your CR is no reason to dispute.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 19 of 25
Geppy

I'm not sure honestly.  All I know is that I don't recognize it and I don't believe it's mine.  I suppose I should get confirmation on that before I dispute it.  

Would I contact the original creditor for some sort of confirmation/proof of the debt?

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.