cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO Collections Rebuttal--Do I have a Case?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO Collections Rebuttal--Do I have a Case?

Unfortunately, I have had medical complications and have had to seek welfare temporarily.  A particular medical bill was supposed to be paid by the insurance; however, it was denied.  I had contacted Medicaid regarding the delinquencies with no resolve.  After a few arduous months, NCO put this on my report which diminished my rathing by a whopping 82 points.  I jumped from 670 to 591 in seconds. 

I am considering disputing this as I could have not made the payments myself as I am on asssistance due to the disability.  DOes it seem like I should dispute.  I'm fairly new to this.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Re: NCO Collections Rebuttal--Do I have a Case?

I assume you have exercised all of your appeals with your insurance company and they still refuse to pay. If that is the case, disputing the debt with Credit Reporting Agencies will serve no purpose because the debt is still owed. Your best bet with NCO is to arrange a PFD pay for deletion, if the account is fresh with them they are likely to do this. Make sure you get it in writing first and then pay immediately. Your report would then update and you should get all your points back once it is removed.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I haven't gone through all appeals. In fact, today was the day that I noticed as I checked my credit report (I was under the impression that the insuance company had paid it). 

Perhaps my previous post was a little unlcear.

1) Medicaid is SUPPOSED to cover this and DID NOT due to an error in their system that I notified them about 2 months ago (when the bills were submitted).

2) It's not that they are refusing to pay as much as it appears as such.  They did not pay due to thinking that I was covered under another company; however, this was not the case.

So it's a bit interwoven:  Medicaid is erred insofar as thinking I was on another insurance.  They are supposed to pay and promosed payment yet have not done so as of yet, causing the delinquency and report.

Message 3 of 4
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Hopefully you can get it paid by Medicaid, and when it does you can ask the Doctor's billing office to contact the CA and have it removed. They will usually do this in a billing error issue. Best of luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.