Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO DV'd New Collection added to credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO DV'd New Collection added to credit report

I sent my first two DV's off last week. I got a post office notice that NCO/22 received it on 1/11/2010 and an alert from
Equifax on 1/13/2010 that a new collection account had been added to my credit file for the very debt that I asked to

have validated. Is this common? Or rather, it's unexpected. Should I expect this with all DV's? I have several that don't

clearly report the date of first delinq. correctly.

I'm working really hard these days and I don't want to be what seems a financial felon anymore. Any help is super appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: NCO DV'd New Collection added to credit report

No. Its not common. And is not going to happen with all your DVs.

Is it the exact same collection by NCO? If so, they have reported after receiving your DV and before providing validaiton which is a violation on their part. 

Howevr, document everything. If they reported on the same day as they received your DV, those SOBs could claim there were different depts. handling different aspects and hence were simply not aware...in other words, a bona fide error. But dont worry for now. Just document everything. 

So, this NCO debt, is it legit and can you agree to the balance?

Can you PIF or is it out of SOL?

What is the DOFD?

What and when was their first communication? 

Was it proper? 

Did you get the dunning letter?

Do they and the CRA and the OC have your correct and present mailing address?

Have you read the FCRA and the FDCPA (Id suggest printing them out)

Have you read the stickies at the top?

The above are some of the questions that you should ask yourself. Please read up somemore and get comfortable before attempting any thing as sometimes, (and not in this situation but in general) one could have unexpected, unlikely and unfortunate results with your actions - DVing, Disputing, Talking on the phone etc. One could get lucky as well but itd be crap shoot. So Id recommend that you study everythign and plan it out so you would know what you are doing andwhat to expect.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NCO DV'd New Collection added to credit report

Thanks for the guidance. This is the same item but I got a notice from my credit monitoring that there was a new collection added. I don't know what this could be because I haven't used credit for years other than my car (recently paid off) and my student loans. The statue on this is up. I got a notice of receipt dated 1/11 and the new collection appeared 1/13. I will await further action and post the result for others.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.