Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO Disappears From Report

tag
nene17
Established Member

NCO Disappears From Report

My very first post..recently I decided it was time to try to clean up my credit...finally had some extra cash and reached out to NCO to see about paying these medical bills off.  Well, this was before reading all of the helpful information about getting something in writing before paying or agreeing to anything.  So back around the beginning of September, I paid off 3 separate collections from NCO (all small amounts - $75, $55, and $75).  When I first pulled my report it was showing "Paid Collection."  At that time myFICO EQ was 5866  (I know it sucks, right?).  I pulled another myFICO EQ and it went up to 628 (as of Sept 27).  I was curious to see why, and by looking at my report, it doesn't show any of the NCO collections.  It also doesn't appear on my TU or EX reports as well.  When I pulled TU back on Sept 28, NCO was there, but no longer when I checked on Oct. 5.  I received EX in mail and as of Sept 27, no NCO.  I didn't ask them to delete, but is this really possible?  I am hoping that this is not a clerical error that will come back to bite me later.  Anyway I am truly grateful and just working on paying down my CC now.  I am at 52% utilization and hope to get down to below 10% by the beginning of the new year. 

Starting Score: EQ 566 (09/08/2010) TU 599 (09/28/2010)

Current Score: EQ 628 (09/27/2010) TU 609 (10/05/2010)

Goal:  Make 700 Club!

Starting Score: 566 EQ, 599 TU 9/2010
Current Score: 675 EQ 07/2012, 675 TU 06/2012
Goal Score: 720+ 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Re: NCO Disappears From Report

That's great news!  What a great motivator to kick off your credit-cleanup journey!  Smiley Happy

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When you paid, they could properly have just reported a code of paid, which would not have resulted in deletion from your CR.

It appears that they reported a code of "delete."  Maaybe just to clean up their own database, and eradicate maintenance of files for which no debt is still owed..

The CRA will accept and act on whatever the CA reported.

If the CA did report a deletion code, then the only way it can be reinserted involves a strict process that requries a lot of effort on the part of the CA.

I highly, highly doubt that will happen.  They have your $$, and are thus done with you.

The only possiblilty that I can think of is that if the CA did not report a deletion code, but rather reported only a paid code, and the CRA incorrectly processed this.

Highly unlikely.  CRA clerks dont manually process reporting made to them.  It is done through electronic software entry of coding provided to them.

I think you are 99% OK in expecting its deletion to continue.

Message 3 of 4
nene17
Established Member

Thanks for all the info.  I am just thanking my lucky stars that it did come completely off my report.  Now just focusing on paying down debt.  

Starting Score: 566 EQ, 599 TU 9/2010
Current Score: 675 EQ 07/2012, 675 TU 06/2012
Goal Score: 720+ 2012

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.