Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO Fin Goodwill letters?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO Fin Goodwill letters?

Greeting!  I am nearing the end of my "credit improvement" project.  I only have 2 negatives left (1 bankruptcy from 2001 and 1 paid collection).  I know there isn't anything I can do about the bankruptcy but wait.  However, the old collection account was from NCO Financial.  I paid this back in 2005 and this item was supposed to be delted upon payment.  Stupid me did not get it in writing and guess what it is still there.  I have been trying to send them letters to remove itbut I am not getting any response from them...not even a letter saying that they will not remove.  I have tried the known emails for Lisa Signore and Mike Barrist...No results.  I have tried sending letters to the address listed on one of my CR and it came back undeliverable.  I do have another address from the other, but have not tried that yet.  That letter will be going out today.

Has anyone else had any good luck dealing with this company lately?  I can find lots of old stuff about them but nothing recent.

Another thought that I just had was when I tried to dispute this on TU it came back as verified but the address on the TU report was the one that came back as undeliverable.  Kinda fishy if you ask me...

Thanks everyone!  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NCO Fin Goodwill letters?

Copy the letter that was sent to the CA. Copy the GC front & back and be sure to give the cert #.

Hand write a letter telling TU that you tried to communicate with (name of CA) at ( addy from TU report) and that the certified letter was returned undeliverable.  Please delete as this company does not exist.  Mail it CMRRR

good luck

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-28-2009 10:07 AM
Message 2 of 8
manuel3655
New Contributor

hi rachael81 

can you send me via pm the address that you using to see if that the same one i have thank you

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

what if you know the company exists....and they refused to sign the green card and it came back.

would this still apply?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another thought that I just had was when I tried to dispute this on TU it came back as verified but the address on the TU report was the one that came back as undeliverable.  Kinda fishy if you ask me...

I had this same thing happen with another CA.  I sent a DV to address reported on TU CBR.  Came back as undeliverable.  I immediately sent dispute to TU with a copy of the envelope should "undeliverable" address, "Return to Sender".  I disputed the accuracy of the listing since the address for the CA does not exist and I requested it be removed from my CBR.  I recieved the response from TU in about 10 days that it was removed. 
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update...

I received an email back from Lisa Signore.  She asked for my mailing address to send a response to.  I'm guessing that means she isn't going to delete.  Suppose I will just have to keep at it and see what happens.

I also sent my dispute to TU about the letter to NCO being returned.  I have not heard antyhing back from them but it has only been a few days.

Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I checked my reports for the month and as a welcome surprise NCO Financial was removed from all 3.  How awesome is that.  All that I have left is a bankruptcy that was discharged in 2002.  So now Im just playing the waiting game for that one to come off my reports.

Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

Wow that is awesome!!  Can you PM me the e-mail address of Lisa?  I have something but I haven't paid it yet.

Did you settle for less than amount due and they still agreeed to remove or did you PIF?

Thanks!!

11/30/14 EQ 545 TU 573 EX 602 01/15 EQ 545 TU 586 EX 589
02/15 EQ 643 TU 627 EX 669 03/05/2015 EQ 708 TU 744 EX 707
05/2017 EQ 659 TU 676 EX 683
Goal: 700s across the board Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.