Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO Financial GW Letter

tag
gmck2006
Established Member

NCO Financial GW Letter

I recently found out about a medical collection reported from NCO. I had no idea that this debt existed but paid it off through the hospital as soon as I found out about it. The hospital wasn't any help with having it removed. I have been very dilegent rebulding my credit and will be moving in the next 6-8 weeks for a job relocation.

I have googled and read many older forums with email addresses to executives with sucess having the collection removed almost immediately. Has anyone else had recent sucess? Does anyone have contact information that they can give me? Or tips? Every email address I have found online was undeliverable. 

I did submit the letter through their generic "contact us" submission form but I'm not expecting much luck with that.

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: NCO Financial GW Letter

Is NCO reporting it as paid?

I would just call them and ask for a mailing address.

Message 2 of 10
gmck2006
Established Member

They aren't reporting as paid, yet. I paid directly to the hospital so I assume it might take a while for them to update. I now wish that I would have tried PFD.

Message 3 of 10
gmck2006
Established Member

I am not having any luck with NCO. After I wrote my initial email I didn't hear anything back from them and nothing changed on my report. I called yesterday and was told they do not do courtesy removals but that I could try to email them and might have some luck. I was given an actual email address instead of using the company contact us page. Today I got a collection notice from myfico - they changed the collected and unpaid to collected and paid.

I need the entire collection removed and they report to all 3.

Any advice? I have a job interview next week and they will be conducting a credit check if I am offered the job. I will also be relocating and need to get a rental - this will also look awful when they pull my credit.

I had to file chapter 7 in September of 2012 and have made sure everything was paid perfectly since then. My score was up to 687, I have a car loan, Barclays limit of $2,000, Capital One limit of $3,000 and several other smaller cards. All are paid in full monthly. With this collection my score is now 601.

Has anyone had sucess or have any tips?

Message 4 of 10
gmck2006
Established Member

Update to everyone - I found an email address and sent a GW letter on Friday evening. Yesterday I received a phone call stating that they were removing the collection from my credit reports. I should receive a letter within the next few days. Whew. Hopefully they are all removed this week since my background check will most likely be started next week.

If anyone would like the email address, pm me.

Message 5 of 10
lmfields
New Contributor

Would you mind PM'ing me the email you sent your request to?  I have a couple from NCO that I was hoping a GW letter would fix.  Thanks!

Starting Score: Me:530 Him:519
Current Score: (CK) Me:535 Him:534
Goal Score: 650+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
orange-n-blue
Valued Member

Congratulations!!!  Would you please pm the NCO contact info.  Thank you!

Message 7 of 10
brithew

Awesome! Could you please PM me the contact for NCO? Thanks!
Message 8 of 10
Shannon71

Could you please PM me the contact for NCO? Thanks!

Message 9 of 10
Snoshy

hi - i am looking for this info also if someone could provide.

thanks alot!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.