tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO Financial, HELP!

CA: NCO Financial

Amt: $900.24

Letter from NCO reads:

"Your Credit Rating May Be In Jeopardy"

This may be reported to nat'l credit bureaus if you: a) do not notify office within 30 days that you dispute this account. or b) account not paid in full or resolved after 30 days. It is our intention to work with you to resolve this matter.  However, if payment or any acceptable resolution has not occurred, your account will be subjecct to further collection.

Now, this account's about a yr. old and is listed on my credit reports under the CA, General Revenue. I was willing to make pymts to Gen'l Revenue, but they wanted more than I could afford. So... should I first verify and then set up payment arrangements with NCO.

I have less than 30 days to figure something out. What do I do? Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: NCO Financial, HELP!

Is Gen Rev still posting a balance?  If they sold it, they can't even report any more if I remember correctly.

If so...DV NCO

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I second Mo's reply. If Gen'l Revenue is still reporting and they indeed sold it to NCO, then they have to stop reporting. I would dispute them first, which will cause them to delete it from your report, then DV NCO.
Message 3 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Is the OC reporting anything on any of the 3?  Just curious....
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the OC reporting?     What is the DOFD?  collections delete approx 7 years from DOFD.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last time I checked Gen'l Revenue was still reporting, but that was before I received the letter from NCO. I'll check again though.

If I DV NCO can they request full payment all at once or will they still set up a payment plan?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, the OC's not reporting anything.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, should I DV NCO without calling, because I'm sure they're some jackbutts over the phone.
Message 8 of 9
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Yes, definitely DV them and DO NOT CALL them.  That is the Golden Rule when it comes to dealing with CA's--do everything in writing.  Also, be sure to send it CMRRR.  You should be able to find a DV template in these forums.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.