Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO Financial and DirectTV

tag
electra
Established Contributor

NCO Financial and DirectTV

One of the collections I have is from NCO Financial for DirectTV.   I think this is a charge for not sending back the DirectTV box.  Should I contact DirectTV and see if I can still send back the box and settle with a PFD?  Or, should I send a DV and who would I send it to?  NCO or CRA?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

Re: NCO Financial and DirectTV

I would reach out to DirectTV first and see if they will work with you, do you still have the box?  If you do maybe it will be as simple as sending it back.  Remember get everything in writing.

Message 2 of 4
electra
Established Contributor

Re: NCO Financial and DirectTV - update

Well, I called DirectTV and got the breakdown on what they claim I owe them.  

• $229 for 2 months unpaid bills (I don't recall my monthly being that high! Thought it was more like $40/mo or something)  I've asked them to mail me my original contract.
  • $280  Early cancellation of $20/month. Rep said I had a 2 yr contract and shut off service after 10 months.  (I turned had it turned off after my husband moved out and took the only TV and we couldn't afford another one.)   Has anyone been able to fight this?
  • $15 Disconnect charge
  • $250 for not returning HDDVR

Whopping total of $774!

The rep at DirectTV told me to call another number which turned out to be NCO.  When I called NCO they ended up conferencing in DirectTV bc I was asking for more details.  I asked to send back the box and have the $250 removed and the rep said it had been more than 7 mos so no go.  Asked to speak to a supervisor who then told me the same thing.  Smiley Sad

She gave me a dispute address and said I could send a dispute letter.   Has anyone had any luck with this? 

Message 3 of 4
electra
Established Contributor

Re: NCO Financial and DirectTV - update/ PFD question

OK, so now I've gotten a letter from NCO with an option to settle for 52%.  The instructions and form I have to send the payment to DirecTV. Should I send a PFD letter like the one here?    If so, do I send it to DirecTV or NCO?   If I send it to DirecTV and they agree to PFD will NCO keep reporting it to CRA? If NCO is the one who reported it, can DirecTV delete it?

Thanks for any help or advice!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.