Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO Financial

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: NCO Financial

@Bmichael78 wrote:

what exactly did you say to  the OC to get them to take the debt back? I tried that with one of mine that was sent to collections a little under a year ago. I told them I'd pay it off in full to them if they could get it back from the CA but they told me there was no way for them to do that since it'd been in collections for almost a year.

I simply told them that I didn't appreciate the dealings of their collection agency NCO. I never received a dunning notice before or after they just popped up on my reports which they are required by law to do. And that the only way I would pay the debt was if they recalled it from NCO because I refuse to pay them a dime! Worked like a charm and I paid the OC directly.

Message 21 of 26
Jerzee123
Established Member

Did it get deleted or paid full status
http://www.capitalone.com/media/graphic-logo/credit-cards/card-art/price-mc-90-angle.jpg
https://ne.edgecastcdn.net/80033E/www.creditkarma.com/res/content/creditcards/creditoneb/cccreditonebank01_big.png
Message 22 of 26
baller4life
Super Contributor

Deleted within a couple days of showing up on reports. NCO are notorious for not verifying with bureaus. Disputes are often times deleted.
Message 23 of 26
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

It appears that when you start trying to clean things up, the creditors come out of the woodwork. I just got a statement in the mail from NCO that says "We have previously notified you about the above-referenced account which remains unpaid. A credit reporting agency has indicated that an inquiry has been made on your credit report. We hope that you are now in a better position to pay the above account." NCO is not currently showing up on my credit report, but I know this debt is valid, and it's only 3 years old. I'm going to have to figure out how to come up with $892 to pay in full before they report it.

I also just got a call from Portfolio Recovery Associates. I didn't answer but looked up the number afterwards. They are also not on my report, but I know I have some old debt with them. I think I'll answer next time they call just to see what the heck they want. I'm crossing my fingers that it's something that's out of the SOL so they can't come after me except for some phone calls.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 24 of 26
Bmichael78

Now you have me thinking...I'm going to try and contact them when I get my next paycheck and see what they want. They haven't reported to the CRAs for my debt either and I'd like to do whatever I can to keep it that way.

Message 25 of 26
Gerri
New Contributor

@itgirl74 wrote:

It appears that when you start trying to clean things up, the creditors come out of the woodwork. I just got a statement in the mail from NCO that says "We have previously notified you about the above-referenced account which remains unpaid. A credit reporting agency has indicated that an inquiry has been made on your credit report. We hope that you are now in a better position to pay the above account." NCO is not currently showing up on my credit report, but I know this debt is valid, and it's only 3 years old. I'm going to have to figure out how to come up with $892 to pay in full before they report it.

I also just got a call from Portfolio Recovery Associates. I didn't answer but looked up the number afterwards. They are also not on my report, but I know I have some old debt with them. I think I'll answer next time they call just to see what the heck they want. I'm crossing my fingers that it's something that's out of the SOL so they can't come after me except for some phone calls.

I receieved this EXACT letter today!  I am disputing the debt from I think an old ATT account that I cancelled at the end of my contract before moving to Verizon in 2008.  O never received anything from ATT and then all of a sudden it showed on my credit report last year with another collection agency.  I disputed it and it disappeared.  Then it showed up with this new CA a couple of weeks ago and then all of a sudden I get this letter today.  I have not heard back from TU about the results of the investigation as the deadline for that is June 16.  Should I wait for the results of that before I respond to NCO?  I am frustrated with the cleaning up process but I know that it takes patience and perseverance.  I figure that since they contacted me that they will verify with TU and then is my next step the MOV?  Thanks.

Starting Score: 599
Current Score: EQ-739,TU-738
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.