Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO Medical Collection Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO Medical Collection Advice

I got notice that my report changed this month. My score dropped over 100 pts to 606.

the reason is an unpaid medical collection for just under 300.

i have the money to pay, but I am wondering what the best path to take is. 

I did talk to NCO a few weeks ago and told them to send a letter, at they had just obtained the account.

A girl at the previous agency told me the OC wasn't a client that reported to the CRAs, so I had no incentive to pay. I assumed this was true for the OC period, but I guess I was wrong.

i disputed the item on the two CRAs it shows up on. What should be my next step? 

Should i I have disputed it as not mine?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
egscoach
Valued Member

Re: NCO Medical Collection Advice

Validate the heck out of that with the OC.  I had a collection with NCO via Med Express.  I called Med Express and went to their local facility.  I was assured I did not have a debt with them.  I had paid my copay and insurance took care of the rest.  I received printouts advising as such.  I advised Med Express I was not happy with their actions and they called NCO very quickly.  It came down off my three credit reports soon after.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.