cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO - Really weird response that I don't understand!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO - Really weird response that I don't understand!!!

Hi everyone!

Ok, so I have been doing battle with NCO and no success yet. Everytime I talk to anyone there, they say that they CANNOT delete from credit report in exchange for full payment. I had mailed and emailed and faxed many different copies of my PFD and sent them out. 

Today I get a letter in the mail from a Consumer Affairs Advocate at NCO, and it reads as follows (I have placed X's in places with confidential information): 

"We are in receipt of your inquiry regarding the above-referenced account. In response to your request for validation, enclosed please find the materials we received from the creditor that corresponds to the above-referenced account. Please forward payment in the amount of XXXX.XX to NCO Financial Systems, Inc. XXXXXXXX Wilmington, DE. XXXXX. 

In addition, please be advised that we have contacted the credit bureaus, with which we do business, with our request to delete our listing of the above-referenced account from your credit profile for the social security number we have listed in our records. Please be advised that NCO Financial Systems, Inc. cannot effect a change to how any other company may have listed the above account on your credit profile. 

We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry and to provide you with the enclosed documentation. 

Very truly yours, 

XXXXXX XXXXXXX

Consumer Affairs Advocate"

So my question is: What the heck does this mean??? It seems to be saying that they have already requested for it to be deleted from my credit report, with the expectation that I will send the full amount? I'm very confused. 

Can someone offer any input on this? Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: NCO - Really weird response that I don't understand!!!

It looks like they are saying they are deleting the TL.  If it is their way of accepting a PFD it is strange.  I would wait to see what happens with the TL before proceeding either way.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Sounds like they responded to your PFD to me!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

Deleting......Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My question is: they may very well have deleted, but if I don't pay them, won't they just put it right back on there? I don't exactly want to wait around, not pay it, just to have another person at NCO put it back on my credit next month?

Message 5 of 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

Did you dv them and they validated? If so, you have it in writing that they will delete. So if you want to pay,pay and be done with it.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

baller4life, No, this was not in response to a DV. They sent this letter in response to an offer I sent them to settle for 50% in exchange for deletion. They are saying in this letter that I requested validation, which I specifically did NOT request validation. They don't even mention my settlement offer, just ask for payment in full and then go on to say that part about the fact that they have contacted the credit bureaus with their request to delete the listing. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.