jff
jff

NCO and Time Warner Cable; not yet reporting.

Long story short as I just typed the whole story in detail but it got erased..  Time Warner Cable sold my account to NCO. 

8/28/12 - disconnected TWC service; was advised I would receive a final bill.  9

9/19/12 received a dunning letter from North Shore Agency dated 9/17/12  for $100.xx.  Called TWC and they advised I would receive a pro-rated  bill for a lesser amount. 

10/8/12 - logged on TWC website; shows a statement was issued 10/1/12 for $100.xx with a due date of 10/12/12.  Called CSR and paid in full; advised of the collection letter and he put in a ticket to have it updated with CA.

10/9/12 - Received call from NCO Financial for TWC account with a balance due of $17.00.  Called TWC collections and was told the account had been charged off and sold to NCO.  I asked why they let me PIF the day prior; and he had no answer.  Stated I could pay $17 (NCO's collection fee) to TWC and they would remit to NCO; or I could pay directly through NCO.  Called TWC retentions supervisor; who agreed that this account should not have been placed in collections; she put a ticket in to escalate. 

10/10/12 - Called executive customer service with TWC who felt the account should not have been sold to NCO and that I should not be responsible for the fee.   They put in a ticket for resolution.

10/10/12 - Sent DV letter to North Shore and NCO.

My dilemma; I don't want this to report to the CRAs.  Should I pay $17 to NCO before they report?  Or will this merely cause them to report a Paid Collection.  I am hoping that TWC can resolve this; but I want to be as proactive as possible.

Shogun

Re: NCO and Time Warner Cable; not yet reporting.

Hopefully TW is pullilng it back for NCO.  Give them just a bit and see if that happens.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
jff
jff

Re: NCO and Time Warner Cable; not yet reporting.

TWC executive team is standing by the fact that the account being given to collections is valid.  Regardless of the fact that they issued a statement on 10/1 requesting payment by 10/12; they sent it to collections on 10/4.  They will not recall the debt.  They advised me that I could either pay TWC the $17 and they would remit to NCO; or I could pay NCO directly.

I'm really scared as I'm set to close in November.  I sent the DV today; and they have not reported yet.  I'm scared they may report between today and whenever the DV arrives.  I've tried Googling to see past experiences; but I can't find a situation similar to mine.  

Any thoughts on whether paying the $17.00 NCO collection fee within the dunning period is a horrible idea or a crap shoot.  Though technically I only received a dunning letter from North Shore.. nothing received yet from NCO.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+