Re: NCO deletion

@hoping2rebuild wrote:

I sent a DV letter and they deleted

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

These creeps have been harassing me for nearly two years and they've even been checking my credit sporadically. It's funny because they don't even report anything to my credit report.

Message 12 of 16
sweets2323
Established Member

was the DV letter sent to the Collection agency or the credit Agency

if you disputed it with the Credit agency which reason did you check on the formto dis pute

Auto Score 8 Equifax 725
Auto Score 9 Equifax 734 Transunion 717 Experian 718
Auto Loan 5, 4, 2 Equifax 744 Transunion 730 Experian 748
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hoping2rebuild wrote:

Got the letter in the mail Yesterday that since NCO can't validate the 7/2009 collection they placed on my CR they are deleting Smiley Happy

Since this was my newest baddie I am hoping to see a point or 2 increase Smiley Happy

Can you PM the contact information for this company.  They recently sent a dunning letter to me, in return I've sent to them a DV. They have not responeded to the DV request nor have they reported to the CRAs yet, but I want to make sure it doesn't report at least til I close on my home.    I'm praying that I close first, if it does and the lender pull my credit, it may take my scores well below qualifying minimum for funding.

I'm in Texas, they have until July 8 to respond to my DV letter.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a DV letter about a week ago. How long did it take to get a response? This is for a debt from 2004, so I know they technically don't have to respond, correct?
Message 15 of 16
SunnyDaze77
Regular Contributor

@hoping2rebuild wrote:

Got the letter in the mail Yesterday that since NCO can't validate the 7/2009 collection they placed on my CR they are deleting Smiley Happy

Since this was my newest baddie I am hoping to see a point or 2 increase Smiley Happy

I also had an NCO collection from 7/2009 from SunTrust.  I emailed 2 top people and they replied and stated they could not locate my account so they deleted.  That was at the end of May.  NCO said they no longer have this account that I would need to contact the OC because it has been charged off.  They gave me the address to contact them.  I wanted it taken care before it was place back on my CR so I sent a PFD to my local branch & the address they suggested.  The only reply was a dunning letter from the OC to pay it they would not accept a PFD.  Within a week I received a score alert that my score had dropped below 600 because of NCO reporting a new collection last month.  So I emailed the same people again twice in one week and still have heard anything from them.

Not to burst your bubble but be careful-it may pop back up eventually.  Hope you get luckier than I did.

Starting Score: TU 543 EQ 570 (03/21/10)
Building Score: TU 641 EQ 629 EX 620 (11/06/11) Pulled Lender
Current Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EX 665 (04/23/12)
Goal Score: 720 Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.