Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO medical collection question

tag
ccie8030

NCO medical collection question

Hello all!  

I'm so glad I found this forum.  Plethora of good people who are willing to share their experience and striving to improve their credit worthiness.  I can sure learn a lot!

I just received a medical collection letter from NCO for a medical bill supposedly that I didn't pay ($900).  In the letter, they reference my daughter's name who is under age (7) and claims that I owe them from an unpaid bill.  It is showing up in all three CRAs.

Now the letter is addressed to me using my home address with my correct first name but different last name (not sure how they got this last name).  I want to send a DV letter because I don't have a freaking clue what this is about.  I am concerned how they got a hold of my daughter's name and our addres in the  first place and my social security.  

Should I address the name not matching up in the DV letter or just send a standard template DV letter?

thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: NCO medical collection question

Send the a DV letter along with a copy of the dunning notice. 

You say I owe this debt.  Please validate per FDCPA 809.

I would also contact the OC and see if they have a debt in your daughters name.

Message 2 of 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: NCO medical collection question

@ccie8030 wrote:

Hello all!  

I'm so glad I found this forum.  Plethora of good people who are willing to share their experience and striving to improve their credit worthiness.  I can sure learn a lot!

I just received a medical collection letter from NCO for a medical bill supposedly that I didn't pay ($900).  In the letter, they reference my daughter's name who is under age (7) and claims that I owe them from an unpaid bill.  It is showing up in all three CRAs.

Now the letter is addressed to me using my home address with my correct first name but different last name (not sure how they got this last name).  I want to send a DV letter because I don't have a freaking clue what this is about.  I am concerned how they got a hold of my daughter's name and our addres in the  first place and my social security.  

Should I address the name not matching up in the DV letter or just send a standard template DV letter?

thanks in advance!

Hi ccie8030 and welcome to the forums. I would send a standard DV. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.