Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO, now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO, now what?

I have two credit cards that went to NCO. What's my first step in deing with them?

Anyone have an email address they have been successful with?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: NCO, now what?

No. But they are REAL easy to deal with (I used phone method). They WILL PFD. Depending on how old the collection is (though it sounds newer for you), they will probably settle for less. BUT, if I want it deleted, I pay the full amount, and they delete. Of course, the original charge offs will still be on your report.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So should I contact them and PFD for full amount or wait it out.
Message 3 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Depends if out of SOL, how old it is, etc. read around the forums for your particular cc, learn about length, etc. I can't advise you without seeing details, and then I wouldn't want to misguide you, depending on your goals and financial situation.
Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not out of SOL. These are recent debts. One from Lowes and the other from Walmart.
Message 5 of 7
kjel
Established Contributor

I had a $225 collection with NCO and did a PFD agreement via phone. They faxed me the agreement and I mailed a certified check to them. The deleted a couple weeks after receiving payment.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you pay the full amount or negotiate? So once I PFD, then the NCO will be gone and the original creditor will report 0 but a charge-off?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.