Did you mean: 

NCO response letter regarding my PFD...

tag
SunnyDaze77
Regular Contributor

NCO response letter regarding my PFD...

Not sure what to make of this?

Dear  XXXX,

We are in reciept of your email date May 23, 2010 supplying additional information regarding the above referenced account.  Please be advised that the above referenced account is closed in our office.  Further inquiry regarding the underlying debt may be directed to SunTrust Bank, 7818 Parham Rd., Mail Code RIC 9394, Richmond, VA.

In addition, please be advised that we have contacted the credit bureaus, with which we do business, with our request to delete our listing of the  above referenced account from your credit profile for the social security number we have listed in our records.  Please be advised that NCO Financial Systems, Inc. cannot effect a change to how any other company may have listed the above account on your credit profile.

We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

Very truly yours,

L**** S******

Vice President, Legal Compliance Dept.

Okay, if I understand this correctly:

1) they are removing the NCO collection from CRA's

2) They gave me the bank address with no Zip.  Should I contact this bank or should I contact my local bank with whom my acct went delinquent with?

3)  Do you think this was sold to another CA?  The sentence that I highlighted makes me wonder...

What do you guys think?  TIA!

Starting Score: TU 543 EQ 570 (03/21/10)
Building Score: TU 641 EQ 629 EX 620 (11/06/11) Pulled Lender
Current Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EX 665 (04/23/12)
Goal Score: 720 Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

Re: NCO response letter regarding my PFD...

If Suntrust was your OC, and you didn't send any money to NCO, it looks like they returned the account back to the OC, and have therefore removed themselves from your credit report, to make way for the next CA who will take on the account from Suntrust. Contact your OC ASAP to see about making payment on it, make it good, and hopefully you can avoid dealing with another CA/another entry.

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You cant tell from what they have told you how future coillection of the debt might progress.  CA1 has said they are out of the picturre.

So the OC still owns the debt and it is apparently back in their court.

I cant tell you what the OC will do.  Normally, before an OC closes an account and places it for collection,they have charged offf the debt for tax purposes. So they have probably already done this in their tax filings... reporrted it as uncollectible, bad debt.

The OC may now do one or more of three things,.

1. Nothing  (not likely)

2. Post a charge off to your CR, and continue their own collection, and/or

3. refer it to another CA, who may then post another collection to your CR, whether or not the OC sells the debt to them.

Message 3 of 6
SunnyDaze77
Regular Contributor

Thanks I will check with the OC ASAP! =)

Message 4 of 6
SunnyDaze77
Regular Contributor

Okay, last week I sent 2 PFD's to the OC (one to the branch NCO said I need to contact and one to my local branch which the debt is with).  Never rcvd anything from my local branch but rcvd a letter from the other branch that NCO told me to contact.  The letter stated this was charged off on 6/26/09.  It's not listed on any of my CR's.  

Where do I go from here?  I have money to PIF. 

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.