Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED 6 POINTS!! FAST!!

tag
barb80
Established Member

NEED 6 POINTS!! FAST!!

Hi Everyone, This is my 1st post here after lurking for awhile. I am hoping someone here can help me. Here's my situation: In the process to buy a new house, we need a 640 to qualify for bond money. House is a fixer upper so prefer not to use the 7k we have on down. FICO scores EQ 605, TU 648 EX 634. I was an AU on my wifes JCP and it has 1 late that is neg and she just removed me from the card. I have 2 CC 500 CL with $15 bal and $ 300 CL with $20 bal. What can I do to up my score?? Sorry post so long.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: NEED 6 POINTS!! FAST!!

Your post is not long by any means lol.  Welcome.

Do you have any negatives at all on your report?

Without knowing,  the only thing I can suggest is to let one card report a 0 balance and the other at 9% or below.  I would try with 4% for starters.  Utilization is the fastest way to bump your score.

Message 2 of 9
barb80
Established Member

Ok so 1 cc due today just got PIF so will report at 0 bal and the cc with 500 CL will still show at 26 bal till the beginning of month and should be removed as AU from wife's jcp when it closes on the 12th
Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 9
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Your utilization is already pretty low. Like Guiness said, one reporting at 0% will help, but I would try to tackle some negatives in order to have a bit of a cushion with that score.

Message 5 of 9
barb80
Established Member

The only neg I have is a repo from 5 yrs ago and a medical in collection from 2 yrs ago.
Message 6 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

That collection is probably still hurting your score badly.  The repo, paid or not will impact your score for 7 years.

Is the collection paid?

Message 7 of 9
barb80
Established Member

I would gladly PIF the med collection if i could get them to remove it from my credit report. What steps should I take for that?

Message 8 of 9
LavendarL
Established Member

I would contact the original creditor (hospital, clinic, doctor) and offer to PIF if they will pull it back from the collection agency and ask the CA to delete it.

I have a hospital bill that has agreed to do this.

2/2011:
EFX Beacon 5.0 - 540, XPN FICO II - 619, TUC Classic 04 -

CURRENT SCORES (3/13): EFX Beacon 5.0 - 588, EXP FAIR ISAAC 627, TU FICO 658

GOAL: 700

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.