Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP DECIDING HOW TO PAY OFF CHARGE OFFS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEED HELP DECIDING HOW TO PAY OFF CHARGE OFFS

i HAVE A COUPLE ACCOUNTS THAT I WANT REMOVED FROM MY CREDIT REPORT. LETS START WITH 

Creditor Name              
ST PREMIER Account Status  Closed - Derogatory $432 Highest Balance $433 Payment Status Collection/Charge-Off Amount Past Due $432 Remarks Charged off as bad debt
Profit and loss write-off

Creditor Name WEBBNK/FSTR Account Status Closed - Derogatory IndividualBalance Highest Balance $135Payment Status Collection/Charge-Off Charged off as bad debt
Purchased by another lender

I WANT TO PAY THESE & HAVE THEM REPORTED OR REMOVED IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE TO REBUILD MY CREDIT.  HELP LOL.  I have no clue where to start!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NEED HELP DECIDING HOW TO PAY OFF CHARGE OFFS

@Anonymous wrote:

i HAVE A COUPLE ACCOUNTS THAT I WANT REMOVED FROM MY CREDIT REPORT. LETS START WITH 

Creditor Name              
ST PREMIER Account Status  Closed - Derogatory $432 Highest Balance $433 Payment Status Collection/Charge-Off Amount Past Due $432 Remarks Charged off as bad debt
Profit and loss write-off   What is the DoFD of this account?       http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Guide-To-Common-Abbreviations/m-p/224988?jump=true

Creditor Name WEBBNK/FSTR Account Status Closed - Derogatory IndividualBalance Highest Balance $135Payment Status Collection/Charge-Off Charged off as bad debt
Purchased by another lender    The only thing you can do with this one is to send them a GW letter asking that it be removed, they have sold the debt and you will not be able to pay it to them, I would find out who the new owner is and offer to settle with them in exchange for it not being reported. Welcome to My Fico

I WANT TO PAY THESE & HAVE THEM REPORTED OR REMOVED IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE TO REBUILD MY CREDIT.  HELP LOL.  I have no clue where to start!

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD is December 23,2013.  I am going to send a GW in the morning.  I hope it works.  Im eager to rebuld my credit & not be so dumb about it like i was before.

Message 3 of 13
mblackburn727
Established Member

I would start with a DV, Debt Validation, letter first.  In my experience most of my negative collection items were removed without having to pay when I used a DV.  You can search for samples/templates on the internet and just tailor them to you.  

If that doesn't work they I'd go with a PFD, Pay For Delete, letter.  Again, you can search for that as well.  I would start with maybe 10-20% of the balance and go up from there.  

Good luck mate!

Message 4 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@mblackburn727 wrote:

I would start with a DV, Debt Validation, letter first.  In my experience most of my negative collection items were removed without having to pay when I used a DV.  You can search for samples/templates on the internet and just tailor them to you.  

If that doesn't work they I'd go with a PFD, Pay For Delete, letter.  Again, you can search for that as well.  I would start with maybe 10-20% of the balance and go up from there.  

Good luck mate!

These are OC entries, one would only use a DV if they had CAs reporting.

Message 5 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

DOFD is December 23,2013.  I am going to send a GW in the morning.  I hope it works.  Im eager to rebuld my credit & not be so dumb about it like i was before.

OK, the GW goes to the second Web Bank entry. You would attempt the PFD with First Premier but Ill tell you now they are tough and if its updating monthly I would just settle it so it ages in the eyes of Fico. Also dont contact them unless you can actually settle as its still inside states SOL and they could decide to sue.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try the debt validation first! Thanks!

Message 7 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Debt validation only applies to collection agencies reporting, it does not apply to original creditors who are reporting and the 2 you have listed here are original creditors.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

After a  little digging I discovered Jefferson Capital has the debt now

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Debt validation only applies to collection agencies reporting, it does not apply to original creditors who are reporting and the 2 you have listed here are original creditors.

Message 9 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

After a  little digging I discovered Jefferson Capital has the debt now

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, ya then by all means send the DV

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.