Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP...I CAN;T APPROVED FOR CC

tag
mscreditfix
Established Member

NEED HELP...I CAN;T APPROVED FOR CC

Hello Everyone,

I just tried to get a credit card and an auto but I am being turned down left and right.  My denial is always the same "too many recent or past delinquencies".

I have ten student loans that were note consolidated and they were delinquent in 2007 for 120 days.  They have all been paid, but the credit report reads, Paid for the account status and the current status still reads "120+ days late".  I have disputed this with both the CRA and the OC.  I don't know what else to do.

My FICO.com:  TU 688, EQ, 659, Ex: 600 (loan officer)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: NEED HELP...I CAN;T APPROVED FOR CC

If the reports show they are paid, it should not matter about the 120 days late. 

Does it say any where on the report worst delinquency 120 days late?

You could try GW letters and ask them to remove the lates since they are paid in full.

Message 2 of 4
mscreditfix
Established Member

Re: NEED HELP...I CAN'T GET APPROVED FOR CC

Thanks for responding. I do not see worst 120 days on this report.  Yes I have tried to GW but they won't change it.  My credit reports says 10 delinquent accounts and I have 10 students.  How long do I wait to see if someone give me any credit?

Message 3 of 4
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Re: NEED HELP...I CAN;T APPROVED FOR CC

If I'm reading correctly, it looks like they're not being reported correctly.

It's impossible to have something paid and to have the "current" status say 120 days late.

Only one of those could be correct.

I had the same thing happen on my auto loan a few years ago. It said the loan was paid

and there was 0 due. However, the current status said it was 30 days late. So, according

to my credit reports/score, I was "currently" late on an account that was paid in full.

Logically, that can't be.

I called American Honda and they saw where they'd entered an incorrect code and they updated it.

Of course, the next month when they reported again, the status changed back to a negative and so

did my scores.

I had to fax them back some information to show them how it was being reported and eventually

they fixed it permanently.

Try to get someone on the phone to explain to them how their reporting can't possibly be correct.

Again, it's not possible to be paid in full and currently late!!

Good luck, I think you'll be able to resolve successfully. 

Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.